SINGLE CARROT THEATRE SEEKS PRODUCING DIRECTOR
(Anticipated start date July 1)
About Single Carrot Theatre:
Single Carrot Theatre is committed to building a diverse and inclusive community—across race, ethnicity, nationality, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, physical ability, socioeconomic background, and political viewpoint— in which all are encouraged to apply.
Some of our core values include:
- That we take risks in the pursuit of artistic excellence and innovation
- That we believe theatre should propel people to re-envision themselves, each other, their communities, and
- We believe in a transparent artistic process that is equally welcoming to guest artists and community
- We approach our work with a spirit of generosity and collaboration.
- We believe a multiplicity of diverse voices is necessary at every level of Single Carrot Theatre and that
- valuing those voices equitably is the only way to achieve innovative, vibrant, and transformative art.
- Theatre should play a role in dismantling all systems of oppression.
- We are adaptive and responsive to here and now.
Single Carrot Theatre (SCT), Baltimore’s premier alternative theatre company, creates socially relevant theatre as a form of civic engagement in Baltimore by producing vibrant, experiential performances in traditional and non-traditional theatre venues; building cross-sector partnerships; and facilitating empowering education programs. This includes three productions annually, one night events, a robust education program, and a variety of fundraising and community engagement events. Having recently adopted its new mission, which embraces site specific productions and intentional community partnerships, Single Carrot Theatre is in a unique position in Baltimore to hone its path towards organizational growth through bold artistic and organizational choices focused on the city and its residents.
The Producing Director will be responsible for overseeing the Single Carrot Theatre’s Production Department. Working under the direction of the Artistic Director (AD) and with the Technical Director (TD), they will plan and execute all artistic productions at SCT. They will lead the Production Departments efforts to find and book venues, hire and oversee the work of all artistic teams, organize and staff front of house operations, manage project budgets, and coordinate communication between SCT artists and staff operations. Producing Director will be responsible for cultivating relationships with guest artists and the broader Baltimore theatre community.
This position averages 30 hours per week, additional hours may be needed during production openings. While a majority of work will take place during weekday daytime office hours, some evening and weekend hours will be required. SCT is currently working within a hybrid model – working both remotely and in-person.
- Planning Production Calendars.
- Managing Production Budgets.
- Managing and delegating the work of the Production Department.
- Hiring Artists.
- Managing communication between Artists.
- Managing communication between Artists and SCT staff.
- Oversee Production Department activity.
- Plan and execute all non-mainstage events.
- Oversee and Lead Technical Rehearsals.
- Solicit feedback from Guest Artists at the end of a process.
- Write contracts for guest artists and venues and manages payment.
- Manage all Production Department Interns and Fellows.
- Venue Research and reach out.
- Plan and run Auditions/Interviews with Artists.
- FOH Coordination & Management.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- 5+ years working in theatre production
- Ideal candidate is a detail oriented, organized, strategic thinker
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Experience working within tight deadlines
- Ideal candidate has a background in Stage Management or Production Management
- Experience working in non-traditional spaces or site specific theatre a plus
- Passion for theatre
- Experience leading or supervising a team
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Experience with box office/front of house management a plus
- Ability to develop and manage budgets
- Knowledge of google suite
Salary & Benefits:
Salary: 25k – 30k per year based on experience
Part-time position averaging 30 hours per week
Flexible working hours
Generous Health Insurance Package
Anticipated start date July 1
To apply for the position:
Please send the following to email@example.com, subject line “Producing Director”
- Resume outlining past relevant experience
- Tell us a little bit about why you are interested in this position. This could take the form of an email, a cover letter, a video, etc
- Any additional resources you would like us to consider that showcases why you would be a great fit for the position.