SiriusXM and Pandora have joined together to create the leading audio entertainment company in the U.S. Together, we are uniquely positioned to lead a new era of audio entertainment by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio experiences to millions of listeners — in the car, at home and on the go. Our talent, content, technology and innovation continue to be at the forefront, and we want you to be a part of it! Check out our current openings below and at http://www.siriusxm.com/careers.
Position Type: Internship
Session: Summer 2022
Location: Oakland, CA/Atlanta, GA/New York, NY
As a Product Management Intern on our Listener Product team, you’ll participate in the creating of compelling and easy to use experiences for millions of listeners and customers. You’ll work closely with product designers, product analysts, other product managers, and leadership to bring differentiated listener experiences and features to market, prioritize improvements, and measure success. You will have the opportunity to build and deliver a small feature, experiment, or process improvement, and have exposure across the digital product development organization.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive a feature, experiment, or process improvement end-to-end — from interviewing users and defining requirements through developing the feature and on to measuring results.
- Respond to existing insights or internal metrics to drive product decisions and prioritize work. Use data to tell a story, gain buy-in, and create excitement.
- Collaborate across functions to identify the best path. Provide innovative and simple ideas to improve operational capabilities and bring benefits to listeners and customers — building relationships with SiriusXM + Pandora’s expert designers, product managers, analysts, scientists, engineers, sellers, operations managers, and musicologists to drive ideas from concept to market.
- Bring new thinking to challenge conventional wisdom. Ask insightful questions.
- Document trade-offs for different approaches and work collaboratively with leaders to facilitate decisions. Synthesize information and feedback into an action plan.
- Identify problems, drive productive meetings, and create documentation that is easy to understand.
- Showcase your work and get feedback from a large team of product management experts.
- You must be 18 years of age or older.
- Pursuing or recently completed an MBA or similar area of study preferred.
- Internships are open to current students enrolled at a university (those graduating by May 2023 are preferred) and recent graduates who graduated within the 12-month period prior to the start of the internship.
- Previous internship or work experience in consumer Internet or other consumer technology products preferred.
Requirements and General Skills:
- Ability to communicate with executive stakeholders, anticipating questions, and articulating decisions with supporting rationale.
- A passion for music and the ambition to create compelling and unique experiences that listeners and customers love.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
- Ability to collaborate with technical team members in an Agile-Scrum environment.
- Interaction design experience or user research experience a plus.
Please note that all SiriusXM internships are paid.
More details about our company benefits can be found https://jobs.jobvite.com/siriusxm/p/cultureanddiversity!
Our goal at SiriusXM+Pandora is to provide and maintain a work environment that fosters mutual respect, professionalism and cooperation. SiriusXM+Pandora is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender identity, marital status, familial status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.