SiriusXM and Pandora have joined together to create the leading audio entertainment company in the U.S. Together, we are uniquely positioned to lead a new era of audio entertainment by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio experiences to millions of listeners — in the car, at home and on the go. Our talent, content, technology and innovation continue to be at the forefront, and we want you to be a part of it! Check out our current openings below and at http://www.siriusxm.com/careers.
Position Type: Internship
Session: Summer 2022
Location: Atlanta, GA/Irving, TX/ Oakland, CA
The Technology Program Manager Intern for the Product Development (PD) organization works with the product and technology team leaders focused on SiriusXM+Pandora’s delivery of critical projects, managing all aspects of delivery such as planning, process improvements, requirements definition, risk management, communication, compliance for quality and release processes and implementation. This person will be asked to lead a cross-functional team towards achieving tactical goals, retaining a strategic focus and delivering on critical project milestones that directly impact and reach over 100M users. This person is responsible for specific, short-term cross-functional projects for our Pandora and SiriusXM solutions.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about results-oriented work and highly comfortable facilitating teams to meet commitments and successfully deliver high quality products and new features. You enjoy collaboration and teamwork and believe in trust, transparency, and kindness.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work directly with a cross-functional team to deliver on defined short-term project deliverables.
- Help automate, implement and optimize processes across the PD organization.
- Work in an agile, collaborative environment on deliverables that impact application delivery, security and tools for our cloud products.
- Communicate action plans, risks and project status to a broad set of stakeholders.
- Contribute to department attainment of organizational objectives.
- You must be 18 years of age or older.
- Internships are open to current students enrolled at a university (those graduating by May 2023 are preferred) and recent graduates who graduated within the 12-month period prior to the start of the internship.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree or higher in computer science or a related field.
- Previous experience in software development or cloud – work projects, internships, summer jobs, etc. preferred.
Requirements and General Skills:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- You are highly motivated and have an interest in working on and learning ad-based digital streaming technologies hosted in the cloud and help resolve technical and business issues.
- Participate and contribute to enhance processes and organizational efficiencies across cross-functional teams and the organization.
- You are excited about participating in technical discussions that impact a digital streaming multimedia company.
- Desire to work in a fun and fast paced environment with cool products.
- Must have legal right to work in the US.
- Knowledge of Project Management methodologies such as Agile.
- Knowledge of Scrum or Kanban frameworks is a plus.
- Experience with JIRA/Confluence/Tableau and Atlassian Products is a plus.
Please note that all SiriusXM internships are paid.
More details about our company benefits can be found https://jobs.jobvite.com/siriusxm/p/cultureanddiversity!
Our goal at SiriusXM+Pandora is to provide and maintain a work environment that fosters mutual respect, professionalism and cooperation. SiriusXM+Pandora is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender identity, marital status, familial status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.