We are a 20 year young investment firm with partners in Hong Kong, NY and Toronto. We invest across across many asset classes including pubic equities, private equities (direct and into funds), real estate (equity and debt, direct and into funds) and growth firms, particularly in technology.
Skytian seeks 2-3 part-time (5-6 hrs/wk, flex hours, remote ok) interns for 3-6 months.
The internship focus is to work with a subsidiary of Skytian, Wizards Institute. The mission of Wizards is to help our members achieve financial freedom through smart investing. We are looking for passionate writers with interest in business and especially learning and sharing investment strategies and ideas. Wizards is publishing a book in November this year, “Ten Commandments of Investing,” has an active investment learning podcast and an online community. We are looking to expand our quality investment content to share with members.
Interns will conduct market research (combining online sources, interviews and studies), simple keyword research and use SEO guidelines to increase web traffic, and Identify audiences’ needs and gaps in our content and recommend new topics. Remote is OK during and post-covid but interns
MUST be self-motivated, entrepreneurial problem solvers with attention to detail and highest quality of work. Interns will be given specifics GOALS and given the freedom to own projects that lead to 7-8 figure investments.
We prefer interns that have serious career interest in investing and and can convert to long-term (pre graduation) or to full time post graduation. Besides interest in investing and writing, interns should also have strong desire to learn social media and sharing of such content.
There will be NO base salary during initial 2 months probation though a bonus performance can be earned tied to agreed milestones. Interns that perform well after probation could be placed on salaried and performance compensation,
If AFTER review of videos and research, you feel you are not only highly qualified but are excited about the work and can see yourself with us for the LONG HAUL please send us email with cover note highlighting your relevant core skills, what part of internship most peaks your interest and your career goals (dream job type, responsibilities, location city, etc) and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Research industry-related topics (combining online sources, interviews and studies)
- Proofread and edit blog posts before publication
- Submit work to editors for input and approval
- Coordinate with marketing and design teams to illustrate articles
- Conduct simple keyword research and use SEO guidelines to increase web traffic
- Promote content on social media
- Identify audiences’ needs and gaps in our content and recommend new topics
- Ensure all-around consistency (style, fonts, images and tone)
- Update website content as needed
- Edit and finalize the podcasts/video
- Writing experience or familiarity with certain interests or a specific field.
- Excellent writing, editing, researching and communication skills.
- Creativity and adaptability.
- Strong understanding of the target audience and industry trends.
- Proficiency with computers, especially content management software, social media platforms, Content Management Systems (e.g. WordPress), MS Office, and SEO keywords, a basic understanding of HTML
- Ability to sit and type for extended periods.
- Experience doing research using multiple sources
- Familiarity with web publications
- Ability to meet deadlines
- BSc in Marketing, English, Journalism or related field (not sure if this is necessary)