Social Enterprise Greenhouse is proud to partner with Impact RI on their search for the role of Communications Internship.
Impact RI is a social enterprise nonprofit organization aimed at helping underserved Rhode Islanders invest in their futures through real estate education. Our goal is to provide guidance to our students on the importance of education, entrepreneurship, and homeownership. We believe that an education in real estate can open doors, opportunities, and be used as an alternative tool for wealth-building.
Compensation: Academic credit
Start Date: Fall 2021
Duration: 1 semester
Schedule: 10-15 hours per week
The intern will work with the founder to gain an understanding of our communications. The intern will assist Impact RI with building and maintaining a positive public image for our organization. They will create media, press releases, and social media messaging that will shape the public opinion of our organization and increase awareness of our brand.
- Studying the organization’s objectives and policies to build public relations strategies that influence public opinion and promote products, ideas, and services.
- Preparing and editing organizational publications for internal and external audiences.
- Drafting press releases.
- Creating and updating website content.
- Working with Executive Director to identify trends and interests.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to think both creatively and strategically.
- Deadline-oriented, inquisitive, with great follow-up and reporting skills.
- Creativity in securing coverage and buzz with traditional outlets.
- Understanding of social media and interest and experience with blogging.