Social Enterprise Greenhouse is proud to partner with House of Hope on their search for the role of Communications Internship.
About us: House of Hope Community Development Corporation is a non-profit organization founded in 1989 in Warwick, Rhode Island. We work to prevent and end homelessness in the state through life-changing services and the development of affordable housing.
Internship Description: We are looking for a Communications intern to help us develop and implement our communications plan. The intern will work on press campaigns to help raise public awareness about homelessness and affordable housing.
- Communications Plan – Assisting with the development of a formal communications plan for the agency to implement.
- Legislative campaigns–Assisting with the media work for House of Hope’s legislative campaigns, including writing press releases, pitching stories, generating feature stories, setting up talk show gigs, and generating press for events.
- Public awareness projects–Assisting with House of Hope’s various public awareness projects to raise general public awareness about homelessness and housing issues.
- Ongoing communications work–Assisting with various communication work, including writing press releases, public service announcements, and creating and updating House of Hope’s media database.
- Social media–Assisting with House of Hope’s social media strategy, including helping with various projects involved with our website, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and more.
- Podcast – work on re-establishing the Voices of Hope podcast.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with social media platforms.
- Experience working on marketing and press campaigns.
- Multitasking ability.