About SCB SF
SCB San Francisco is looking for talented, junior designers and technical staff at the start of their promising careers to join our team. SCB’s San Francisco office, now 13 years young, has that distinctive California vibe. Chill, hip, and a little bit funky, our growing San Francisco family includes Chicago transplants, West Coast natives, and everyone in between. Best of all, we still have the local flair of an architectural start-up, backed by a well-established ninety-year practice.
Ideal candidates will exhibit a passion for design, show a willingness to work in a collaborative environment, and possess a basic to intermediate understanding of building materials, systems, details and construction techniques. You’ll work with a team of talented and collaborative professionals to perform work on all basic aspects of projects during all stages of project development under the direct supervision of a senior Architect and/or Principal. You will also closely collaborate with project teams and outside parties to prepare design studies, graphic representations, technical drawings, studies, and other materials related to architectural design.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs work on basic aspects of projects under the direct supervision of an Architect or other senior personnel during all stages of project development
- Contributes to general preparation of design and technical drawings, design representations, and studies of various types as directed by project leaders
- Performs drafting, design rendering, and 3D digital and physical model construction of design concepts for assigned portions of a project
- Exhibits understanding of general project design philosophy and adheres to this philosophy in performance of assigned work
- Organizes work efforts and self monitors time spent on tasks
- Communicates internally and with outside parties regarding specific tasks and / or project related questions
- Exhibits basic understanding of general building materials and systems, details and construction techniques
- Understands basic zoning, building and accessibility code requirements and applies this criteria in work performed
- Seeks input and direction from supervisor at appropriate times while striving to generate solutions independently
- Works effectively in a team atmosphere with a willingness to learn. Supports the project and studio team constructively at all times
- Accredited professional degree in architecture
- Between 0 to 3 years of post-graduate, working experience in the architectural profession
- Proficient in Revit and AutoCAD programs. Familiarity with software programs such as Enscape, SketchUp, Rhino, Grasshopper, 3D Studio Max, and Adobe Creative Suite
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, and Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
SCB is an Equal Opportunity Employer!
SCB values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. We consider all applicants without regard to age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, citizenship status, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
SCB collects personal information (“PI”) provided to it by individuals, including, but not limited to, your name, addresses, email address, and phone number. SCB collects PI of businesses and individuals that are not employees primarily for the purposes of maintaining contact with those individuals or businesses. The PI, if disclosed outside of SCB, is only typical contact information and may be shared with individuals or other businesses in the ordinary course of SCB’s services (e.g. a client requests the contact information of a consultant). SCB does not sell nor offer to sell PI. You are allowed access to your PI and SCB will provide you a copy of the information upon request. You can also request that your PI can be deleted but SCB may need to retain some information when necessary, for example to meet a separate legal obligation.