■Subject ／ About the Position
Our Deep Learning team in Sony R&D is building a software platform that accelerates and enhances the development of deep learning models dedicated for Sony’s businesses such as entertainment businesses, including games, music, motion pictures, animation and other content intellectual property (IP); and electronics businesses including image sensors, digital imaging, audio & visual, mobile, and robots.
Our mission to make our platform unique and strong is 1) to develop novel fundamental techniques and reusable components of deep learning, and submit papers to top AI conferences to contribute the community and get feedback; 2) to explore new applications of emerging techniques in the deep learning community and to bridge the gap between research and production while closely communicating with business units, for examples, Sony Pictures Entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment, and Sony Electronics; 3) to develop core libraries and GUI tools, including Neural Network Libraries (https:／nnabla.org／) which is our own high performance deep learning framework which has broken the world record of a distributed training benchmark on ImageNet classification task and is provided as an open-source, and Neural Network Console (https:／dl.sony.com／), a unique and professional-grade GUI for deep learning development.
Our team is located in Tokyo, Japan, but closely collaborating with diverse and talented teams in Germany, China, India and the United States.
■Job Description ／ Roles and Responsibilities
You will have a role or multiple roles of the following
Researcher, Deep Learning:
– Develop novel and practical deep learning building blocks, theories and algorithms which enhances the performance of models, reduces try & error of model development, improves data efficiency, and so on.
– Implement and deliver the advanced techniques on our platform as tools or libraries.
Software engineer／Research Engineer, Deep Learning Software Core:
– Design and implement the high performance and modular deep learning framework core.
– Develop GUI tools
– Reproduce state-of-the-art deep learning models and techniques in the literature on our software platform, enhance the performance, scale up the training, improve reusability and modularity as components.
Research Engineer, Deep Learning for Content Creation:
– Develop novel deep learning algorithms for image, video and 3D content creation of game, motion pictures and so on.
Research Engineer, Explainable AI:
– Develop novel deep learning algorithms of explainable AI in computer vision.
– Integrate the algorithms into our deep learning GUI “Neural Network Console”.