PEDIATRIC NURSE PRACTITIONER (BILINGUAL ENGLISH / SPANISH)
- LOCATION: Santa Ana, CA
- JOB TYPE: Full Time (40 hours per week); Direct Hire Employee
- PAY: TBD (based on experience)
- START DATE: Immediately
- SCHEDULE: Monday – Friday 10:00am – 7:00pm with 1 hour lunches; required to do 1 closing shift per week and 1 weekend per month (details listed below).
South Coast Pediatrics has been serving patients in the Orange County community with empathy, kindness, caring and respect for over 39 years. Our medical practice has three medical offices which are located in Santa Ana and Anaheim. The medical practice provides preventive medicine, sick and urgent care services seven days a week. We’re affiliated with over 10 health plans and serve over 16,000 patients providing thousands of visits a year. Our physicians and staff are committed to provide the highest standard of patient care. We are looking to hire a new Pediatric Nurse Practitioner.
- The CPNP will maintain the health care, including well-child exams and childhood immunizations.
- Perform Routine developmental screenings.
- Diagnosis and treatment of common childhood illnesses.
- Teaching and counseling of children and their families on issues related to health.
- Regular hours will be Monday – Friday 10:00am – 7:00pm.
- Providers are required to do one (1) closing shift per week (12:00pm – 9:00pm). We currently have enough providers that it ends up working out so each provider only actually closes once every other week.
- Providers are also required to do one weekend per month (1 Saturday and 1 Sunday). Saturday the schedule is 9:00am – 5:00pm with a 1 hour lunch (7 hour shift). Sunday the schedule is 12:00pm – 5:00pm with no lunch (5 hour shift). Providers will be given the equivalent amount of time off during the week in lieu of working the weekend. We are flexible with scheduling the weekends. Providers can choose to work the weekend dates back to back or split them up.
In addition to the job description above, the Nurse Practitioner is to perform any additional /miscellaneous duties as requested by the management team within the scope of practice.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Bilingual Spanish/English is required
- Previous work experience is desired
- Computer knowledge is required
- Previous experience with NextGen is helpful
- Masters of Science in Nursing-Pediatric Nurse Practitioner
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Graduate of accredited University
- Nurse Practitioner Certification – California
- Certified Pediatric Nurse Practitioner – Primary Care
- Current – BLS
BENEFITS (after 3-month probation):
- Paid Vacation & Holidays
- Health, Dental, Vision & Life Insurances
- 401K (after 1 year of employment) with company match