Job ID: 14838
Agency: Department of Social Services/South Dakota Human Services Center
Salary: $20.54 – $23.78 per hour, depending on experience, plus shift pay plus $1.50 per hour weekend pay plus $1.00 per hour Geriatric pay
Pay Grade: GH
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
This is a full-time position with the Department of Social Services/SD Human Services Center. For more information on DSS/HSC, please visit https://dss.sd.gov/.
This position provides patient care within the scope of practice as a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) by preparing and administering prescribed medications and treatments, IV therapies, maintaining medical records, and monitoring work of subordinates to ensure quality care is provided and in compliance with patient care procedures and department policies.
This position primarily works a combination of eight and twelve-hour night shifts, including holidays and weekends.
Licenses and Certifications:
Must be licensed as a practical nurse (LPN) in South Dakota.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- the principles and techniques of patient care;
- hospital routine and procedures;
- medication administration (oral, topical, intramuscular and intravenous);
- the care and use of medical equipment and supplies.
- evaluate client behaviors, symptoms, and effects of medications;
- follow physician/provider orders;
- prepare and maintain records, charts, and reports;
- apply nursing techniques as delegated by physicians or registered nurses;
- establish and maintain effective relationships with patients and staff;
- lift 75 lbs.;
- direct and monitor direct care personnel.
VETERANS’ PREFERENCE ELIGIBLE
Successful applicant(s) will be required to undergo a background investigation. An arrest/conviction record will not necessarily bar employment. Offers of employment are conditional upon successful completion of a drug screening.
The State of South Dakota does not sponsor work visas for new or existing employees. All persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and complete an Employment Eligibility Verification, Form I-9.
The State of South Dakota offers employer paid health insurance plus ten paid holidays, generous vacation and sick leave accrual, dental, vision, and other insurance options, and retirement benefits. You can view our benefits information
Apply through the external application link on Handshake
South Dakota Bureau of Human Resources
Telephone: 605.773.3148 Fax: 605.773.4344
“An Equal Opportunity Employer”