The Wound/Ostomy nurse is a registered nurse who has demonstrated expertise, depth of knowledge, competence and skills in the practice of wound and/or ostomy care. This role requires collaboration with clients, nursing staff, administration, medical staff, and other members of the healthcare team.
- Graduate of an accredited nursing school
- Three years of clinical experience
- Licensed to practice nursing in South Carolina
- BLS certification
- Certified Wound Care Nurse (CWCN)
- Five years of clinical experience
- Certified Wound Ostomy Continence Nurse (CWOCN)
Core Job Responsibilities
- Responsibilities include, but are not limited to completing and coordinating patient assessment, providing hands-on expert care
- coordinating and implementing plans of care
- developing and monitoring outcomes based on plans of care
- developing and presenting educational programs and materials to clients and staff to support competent wound and/or ostomy care facility-wide and in the community
Spartanburg Regional is an integrated healthcare system that provides care from birth to hospice. As a a partner with the community for 90 years, we have earned a reputation for technological excellence. With more than 5,600 employees, Spartanburg Regional prides itself in being one of the most recognized healthcare facilities in Upstate South Carolina. A long list of accolades and accomplishments keep our employees proud. We believe the pride and quality in our organization is the result of a focused effort of our staff and resources.