License Practical Nursing
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
All essential functions should be reviewed with the Nurse Manager upon completion of the 90 day probationary period and no less than annually thereafter to evaluate performance and establish new goals if results are not meeting expectations.
1. Supervises Certified Nurses Aides under direction of RN.
2. Collects patient care data and monitors patient conditions and family dynamics based upon observation, history and nursing/medical diagnosis.
3. Contributes to the development of the plan of care and discharge plan for the assigned patient.
4. Implements patient care utilizing care plan, delegated medical orders and collaborates with health team members as necessary.
5. Assists in evaluating outcomes of patient care planning and teaching and in revising the plan according to changing needs of the patient.
6. Participates in the orientation and education of personnel and students.
7. Documents the delivery of health care and nursing process in accordance with specific unit standards and hospital nursing policy.
8. Demonstrates ability to prioritize tasks/responsibilities and complete duties within allotted time.
9. Knows the rationale for the effect of medications and treatments and correctly administer same.
10. Obtains report from the nurse being relieved from duty and provides report to nurse coming on duty. Keeps Supervisor or other as appropriate informed about patient’s status and related matters. Performs or supervises complete, timely, and accurate documentation of patient care.
11. Performs administration and documentation of medications, internal nutrition and treatments per physician’s orders and accurately records all care provided.
12. Performs or supervises review of medication and treatment records for completeness, accuracy in transcription of physician orders and adherence to stop order policy.
13. Utilizes the nursing process, documentation, communication and technical skills, collaboration with physicians and other team members to meet performance requirements.
14. Performs or supervises the service and documentation of prescribed diets and fluid intake.
15. Makes patient rounds to assess physical and emotional status and to initiate nursing intervention.
16. Demonstrates willingness to try new tasks; generates new ideas for change; evaluates and recognizes priorities; communicates and models organizational values; fosters high performance; recognizes need for and provides adequate resources.
17. Applies process for improvement in daily work; and assists in education of new employees in the team process.
New Grads are welcome to apply!