Square Mile Capital Management LLC (“Square Mile Capital”) is an integrated institutional real estate and investment management firm based in New York. The firm has an established history of successful investing in commercial real estate at all points in the market cycle. Square Mile Capital’s experience supplying flexible equity and debt capital solutions in diverse property sectors and across the risk spectrum, combined with its integrated national sourcing and investment platform, facilitates the creation of value for its investors, partners, borrowers and counterparties. Square Mile Capital seeks to identify the impact of long-term trends on real estate values and targets its equity investments on key investment strategies likely to benefit from such trends. The firm’s commercial real estate debt platform provides customized capital solutions for real estate owners and developers throughout the United States utilizing its broad investment platform, product expertise and research resources.
Square Mile Capital’s culture emphasizes integrated teamwork across all of its activities. Square Mile Capital’s large U.S. footprint, enhanced by its strategic partnership with USAA Real Estate Company, enables the firm to leverage proprietary market insights through a unified sourcing and investment philosophy that positions the firm to capitalize upon opportunities throughout all phases of the commercial real estate cycle. Currently, Square Mile Capital has approximately $9 billion of investment capital under management across more than 20 real estate focused debt and equity vehicles capitalized by select institutional and private investors.
Square Mile Capital is seeking Summer Interns to join its investment team. The investment team evaluates and underwrites prospective investments across all of Square Mile Capital’s investment vehicles. Summer Interns will be involved in all aspects of the underwriting, diligence, and closing processes for new investments. Responsibilities will include:
- Evaluating and underwriting prospective investment opportunities
- Executing and closing transactions involving various property types
- Performing due diligence, including completing market analysis and coordinating with third party service providers
- Generating financial analysis and investment committee memoranda detailing investment rationale, execution risks, and prospective returns
- Assisting in the implementation of business plans, including leasing, financing, disposition, and ongoing portfolio surveillance
- Currently enrolled in a four-year undergraduate degree program at an accredited college or university with an estimated graduation date of Spring 2023
- Excellent academic background with a cumulative GPA of 3.5 and above
- Demonstrated interest in real estate through previous internships, extracurriculars or coursework
- Attention to detail and strong work ethic
- Team player who can work effectively in a collaborative environment
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Finance, Economics, Business, Architecture, or Real Estate majors preferred but not required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and financial modeling is preferred but not required