Education Research Associate – Education Research & Innovation
Arlington, VA, Menlo Park, CA
SRI Education is committed to bringing rigorous research and evaluation data to bear on important decisions concerning public education. We are seeking to hire a research associate who will work as a team member on multiple projects. Assignments will include work on multiple ongoing projects related to K–12 and higher education reforms that aim to achieve equitable access and success for all students. Our projects focus on diverse topics within the areas of teacher development, STEM and computer science education, digital learning, and college and career pathways. The position offers opportunities for professional growth and promotion commensurate with the research associate’s skills and performance.
Research, evaluation, and technical assistance. The selected candidate will contribute to every stage of the research and/or technical assistance process, from proposal development to final reports and conference presentations. Research, evaluation and technical assistance duties may include literature, website, and policy reviews; design of surveys, interview, and observation protocols; conducting interviews and observations; and liaising with local sites.
- Specific research activities may also include participation in data collection site visits; managing survey administration and database construction and maintenance; analysis of qualitative and quantitative data; and oral and written communication of research findings appropriate for non-academic, academic, and policy audiences.
- Specific technical assistance duties may include developing and delivering professional development and learning opportunities with and for educators; facilitating teams to address complex policy-related problems; and conceptualizing resources and tools for diverse audiences.
Project management. The successful candidate may also provide project management support, specifically by tracking progress of project milestones, reporting to and consulting with project leaders on work progress, making recommendations for project procedures, monitoring and working with subcontractors, scheduling and monitoring data collection in the field, and creating and maintaining project management documents and databases such as schedules and status reports for clients.
Presently, SRI Education staff are working remotely from home and not traveling until conditions allow for this to happen safely. Once travel is permitted, the successful candidate must be willing to travel 5-6 times per year for site visits and client meetings; many visits will be for 3-4 days each.
The position offers opportunities for professional growth and promotion. Applicants from traditionally underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply.
- A master’s degree in the social sciences or related policy fields and at least one year of prior work experience or equivalent experience
- An interest in K–12 education and a passion to improve education for all students
- Strong analytic skills
- Experience conducting research. This may include some combination of experience with literature reviews, surveys, interviews, quantitative or qualitative analyses, work with databases, and experience managing research teams.
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail; capacity to support multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to attend to details, problem solve, modify approaches in consideration of practical concerns, and accept and adapt to sudden changes in client priorities
- Research, professional, or volunteer experience in or with the US public K–12 education system
- Experience translating existing research into professional learning opportunities for educators and/or policymakers (desired, not required)
–There are no additional requirements for this position.
SRI is an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
Candidates who receive a conditional offer of employment will be subject to a background check.
Auto req ID