Bilingual Therapist Position (Child Focus)
St. Francis Community Services Southside Center has an immediate opening for a Bilingual Therapist. The Bilingual Therapist is a specially trained professional who is primarily responsible for providing culturally competent individual and family outpatient mental health counseling services to children of Spanish-speaking immigrant families in multiple office locations in St. Louis City and County, and/or via Telehealth during the COVID-19 pandemic. Full benefits available; salary based on experience.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
· Conduct intakes, screen for suicidality and homicidality, and provide appropriate referrals when necessary.
· Maintain a caseload of approximately 25 mental health clients ages 19 and under, conducting and interpreting appropriate assessments, diagnosing through use of the DSM-5, preparing treatment plans, and implementing treatment interventions.
· Provide limited case management to mental health clients based on need.
· Drive to multiple parishes and/or schools to provide mental health outreach, education, and clinical services.
Knowledge and Expertise Requirements
· Education: Must have Masters of Social Work degree or a Master of Arts or Science degree in Counseling, Psychology, Marriage and Family Therapy, or a related field from an accredited school.
· Must be eligible for full or provisional licensure in the State of Missouri.
· Bilingual (oral and written) in Spanish and English required.
· A minimum of 2 years direct experience in social services or mental health setting providing treatment and support services to Spanish-speaking individuals and/or families.
· Awareness of trauma and trauma-related mental health disorders in Latinx immigrant populations.
· Knowledge of individual and family treatment strategies, including evidence-based and non-traditional treatment/service modalities.
· Must be trained or willing to be trained in TF-CBT and EMDR.
· Computer skills including Microsoft Office, word processing, and data entry.
· Able to work independently, as part of a team, and across lines of difference.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to Judy McGrath, Mental Health Department Chair, at email@example.com.