Full Time – Day Habilitation Specialist/ CNA (Req. #: 1009)
St. John of God Community Service’s Adult Day Program has an opening for a Day Habilitation Specialist/ Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA). This employee develops and oversees day-to-day activities of program consumers in areas such as personal/social skill development, personal care, and also provides opportunities for community integration. Additionally, this person conducts family education and support, supports in-service programs, and maintains appropriate paperwork for each consumer which includes individual habilitation and goal plans, case entries, and incident reports.
This position is for an in-person employment opportunity.
Position Responsibilities/ Duties
• Assist consumers with social and personal needs related to goal attainment:
-Independent living skills
-Community inclusion, etc.
• Seek out and collaborate with community groups and businesses to develop integration opportunities for consumers
• Provide trainings and support to the families of consumers, colleagues, and the community at large
• Comply with Division of Developmental Disabilities (DDD)’s Community Supports Program standards
• Participates in developing Individual Habilitation Plans and other goal planning documentation
• Completes progress documentation, incident reports
• Maintain contact with the families/ guardians/ representatives of program consumers
Position Skills and Qualifications
• High school diploma/GED, CNA or Associates degree in a related field preferred
• Valid driver’s license; CDL certification highly preferred
• CPR/First Aid certification preferred
• Ability to understand, interpret, and act upon codes and regulations which may be provided in written or oral form
• Prior experience in supervising and instructing in vocational/avocational areas
• Bilingual (Spanish and/or ASL) a plus
• Ability to articulate effectively; project voice when necessary
• Be able to speak in technical and vernacular language
• Be able to read and write at a high school level
• Be able to instruct consumers in basic life math skills like money management.
In embracing the spirit of our founder, St. John of God, we provide an environment of compassionate hospitality to children and adults with disabilities and their families. In this spirit, we accept all as part of our family. We honor the dignity of each individual from birth throughout life.
St. John of God Community Services is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to recruit, employ, and promote personnel without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, economic status, or mental or physical challenges in compliance with all federal and state legislation and regulations pertaining to non-discrimination.
The employees of St. John of God Community Services are expected to teach or work alongside other employees and are expected to supervise or be supervised by other employees without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, economic status, and mental or physical challenges.