Occupational Therapist – Per Diem (Req. #: 1011)
St. John of God Community Services has an ongoing need to staff multiple Occupational Therapists for its Early Intervention Program. This person works across Gloucester and Cumberland Counties by providing family centered therapy sessions (either in-person or via telehealth) for newborn children until aged three.
There are no set hours for this position; work is assigned on a per-diem basis.
• Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Therapy
• American Occupational Therapy Certification Board (AOTCB)
• New Jersey Occupational Therapist state license
• Ability to pass criminal history review in accordance with New Jersey regulations.
• Must possess reliable transportation with valid driver’s license with appropriate automotive insurance
• Must be able to provide services in-person (child’s home, child’s daycare, or center-based) and virtually (telehealth).
• Previous experience performing targeted evaluations for an early intervention program strongly preferred.
• Preferably a minimum of one year of documentable experience working with children who are disabled from birth to age five but work with children from birth to age three also preferred.
• Ability to lift and position small children
• Must be able to access a variety of home and community environments as required.
• Infant CPR/ First Aid certification preferred.
• Must have strong knowledge of birth to age three child development.
• Work flexible hours.
• Experience working in a natural environment preferred.
In embracing the spirit of our founder, St. John of God, we provide an environment of compassionate hospitality to children and adults with disabilities and their families. In this spirit, we accept all as part of our family. We honor the dignity of each individual from birth throughout life.
St. John of God Community Services is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to recruit, employ, and promote personnel without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, economic status, or mental or physical challenges in compliance with all federal and state legislation and regulations pertaining to non-discrimination.
The employees of St. John of God Community Services are expected to teach or work alongside other employees and are expected to supervise or be supervised by other employees without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, economic status, and mental or physical challenges.