Special Educator/Child Development Specialist/RN/MSW – Per Diem (Req.# 1015)
St. John of God Community Services has an ongoing need to staff multiple Early Intervention Professionals as Special Educators/Child Development Specialist, Register Nurse and MSW, providing Developmental Intervention for the Early Intervention Program. We serve families in Gloucester and Cumberland Counties.
Each of these professionals should have extensive knowledge of child development across various domains including adaptive/self-care skills, personal-social skills, communication skills, fine and gross motor skills, and cognitive-early learning skills for child from birth to three years old.
Individuals providing these services are responsible for providing support and learning opportunities through a family training/coaching model within the child/family’s natural environment (in-person or via telehealth) for children with developmental delays and disabilities.
There are no set hours for this position; work is assigned on a per diem basis.
- Bachelors degree or higher in:
-Special Educator/Education required
(Special Education preferred)
-R.N. certification (nursing)
-MSW Social Work or Equivalent (i.e. M.S.S.)
-Child Development Specialist
– or degree in any related health, health service, or education
- At least 1 year documented professional experience working with children from birth to five years of age who have developmental delays or disabilities or at least 6 credits in infant and toddler or early childhood development.
- Must be able to provide services both in-person (child’s home, daycare or center based) and via telehealth.
- Ability to pass criminal history review in accordance with New Jersey regulations.
- Must posses reliable transportation with valid driver’s license with appropriate automotive insurance.
- Ability to lift and position small children
- Must be able to access a variety of home and community environments as required.
- Infant CPR/First Aid certification preferred.
- Must have strong knowledge of birth to age three child development.
- Work flexible hours.
- Experience working in a natural environment preferred.
In embracing the spirit of our founder, St. John of God, we provide an environment of compassionate hospitality to children and adults with disabilities and their families. In this spirit, we accept all as part of our family. We honor the dignity of each individual from birth throughout life.
St. John of God Community Services is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to recruit, employ, and promote personnel without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, economic status, or mental or physical challenges in compliance with all federal and state legislation and regulations pertaining to non-discrimination.
The employees of St. John of God Community Services are expected to teach or work alongside other employees and are expected to supervise or be supervised by other employees without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, economic status, and mental or physical challenges.