Archbishop Damiano School (https://www.adsschool.org/) is a special education preschool – secondary educational institution located in Westville, New Jersey. has an ongoing need for substitute teachers
Qualifications for Position:
- New Jersey Substitute Teacher, Teacher or Teacher of the Handicapped certificate
- Sixty College credits from a certified institution of higher learning.
- Prior experience working with children, preferably in a learning environment.
- Approved Criminal History Review from NJ Dept. of Ed. Office of Criminal History Review.
- Ability to lift and position students alone and with another person as required.
- Lifting is performed from various levels and weight can vary up to 70 pounds.
Implements students’ IEP goals and objectives. Provides direction to students in all educational activities. Ensures agency policies and procedures relating to students are observed at all times both within the school environment and at community sites. Maintains appropriate confidentiality.
Essential Duties/Responsibilities of the Position:
• Implements student IEP goals and objectives in the school environment and at approved community sites.
- Documents student progress.
- Collaborates with staff.
- Keeps school supervisors/principal informed of student, family, or staff issues.
• Ensures infection control standards are maintained; monitors student areas for safety and ease of access.
• Demonstrates appropriate instructional technique.
- Prepares lessons plans, instructional materials, and community-based activities.
• Supervises classroom assistants and classroom volunteers. Reinforces positive workplace communication.
• Uses only techniques for behavior management and communication with students that have been approved by the Services.
• Promotes the values of the Services (Trust, Respect, Caring, Compassion, Dignity, and Hospitality) throughout job performance.
• Monitors and encourages educational achievements, positive student behavior and independence.
• Responds appropriately to interruptions, emergencies, and various safety and evacuation.
• Observe agency and departmental policies and procedures. Meets and maintains agency standards for student behavior management, child abuse and neglect, infection control, safety, emergency procedures, attendance, moral and professional conduct.
• May perform other duties as assigned.