Through our campus recruiting program, we hire a select group of highly motivated summer interns for our Greenwich office with the goal of identifying talent for our Full-time Analyst Program. Our size and structure provides individuals with a high level of responsibility and the unique opportunity to work directly with senior management, joint venture partners, investment bankers, brokers and commercial lenders in all real estate classes. Summer Interns will participate in a variety of specialized trainings that will refine their skills and assist them in transitioning into the professional working environment of Starwood and the investment industry as a whole. A mentorship driven program allows our Summer Interns to create lasting relationships that will support the continued growth of a successful career.
The Starwood Capital technology team is responsible for the overall IT operations of the company, managing hardware, software, and networking of computers. The team plans, operates and supports various business applications, enabling business users to carry out their roles efficiently and securely.
The intern will gain valuable insight into the technology enabled operations of a premier, global, real estate focused investment manager. While working for the business applications team, the intern will be exposed to several real estate asset classes such as multifamily, office, hospitality and development.
- Attending team and project meetings
- Participate in discussions and contribute to business solutions as part of a project team
- Assist with documentations, creating presentations and reports
- Review documents and work completed on a regular basis
- Facilitate testing and assist with issue resolution
- Interact with cross-functional teams, technology and business stakeholders
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal, organizational, verbal and written communication skills
- Highly organized with proven ability to multi-task
- Composed, poised and discrete in nature with a high level of integrity
- Ability to develop relationships throughout the organization
- Enthusiastic, positive, can-do attitude