P&C Actuarial Analyst Trainee
One Company…Many Careers!
A Day In The Life Of A Property & Casualty Actuarial Analyst Trainee
Working at State Farm takes heart. We help customers protect the things that matter most to them. We help them get back on their feet after an accident or disaster. And, we help people plan ahead for the future they want.
As a member of the Property and Casualty Actuarial community you will be challenged and empowered to grow personally and professionally. We are dedicated to helping each of our associates develop to his or her full potential.
In order to enable our associates to grow, P&C Actuarial offers a competitive Exam Support program for associates pursuing their actuarial designations.
Our P&C Actuarial Analysts develop actuarial recommendations for leadership and implement changes to satisfy the financial objectives of the #1 Auto and Homeowners insurer in the U.S. They also develop and apply statistical modeling techniques to solve business problems, conduct research, identify solutions to actuarial problems and analyze and prepare responses to various actuarial questions/issues. Our P&C Actuarial Analysts serve as valued resources to other State Farm areas, often engaging with business partners across the organization to solve multi-faceted business problems.
Office Location: Bloomington, IL – where our Corporate Headquarters is located.
We Are Looking for Candidates With
- Actuarial Science, Math, Statistics, Data Science, Computer Science, Information Management or other analytics majors preferred
- 3.5 minimum GPA preferred, 3.25 minimum GPA required (unofficial transcripts required at application)
- Experience with data and statistical analysis in Excel, SQL, SAS, R, or Python
- Strong communication, interpersonal, organization, leadership and critical thinking skills
- Completion of a prior actuarial internship or similar work experience
- Successful completion of at least one actuarial exam required; two or more exams preferred.
- Candidates should intend to progress towards their ACAS/FCAS designation.
What You Can Expect
Complete the application process AND attach your resume and unofficial transcripts.
Competitive candidates may be invited to participate in the interview process. This is where the excitement begins!
What’s In It For You
- Competitive Benefits, Pay and Bonus Potential: Who doesn’t want money, right?
- Volunteer opportunities: Get involved and give back to the community
- Big data sets: We’ve got them.
- Competitive Actuarial Exam Support Policy: We support & empower our team members to grow.
- A Learning Culture: Mentoring, Professional Designations, Employee Development, and more!
- 401k Plan
- We embrace Diversity and Inclusion: We are one team and it is simply the right thing to do!
Learn more about our benefits at State Farm Careers!
We are not just offering a job but a meaningful career! We’re here to help life go right®
Come join our passionate team!