Mechanical / Electrical Engineering Intern/Co-op
Steel Partners was founded in February 1990 as a private investment firm by Warren G. Lichtenstein. In December 2008, Steel Partners restructured its business resulting in the creation of Steel Partners Holdings L.P., a global diversified holding company that owns and operates businesses in a variety of industries through majority owned subsidiaries, associated companies and other interests. As long-term investors, Steel Partners Holdings L.P. has focused on enhancing value through the implementation of operational excellence and corporate strategic restructuring programs, including the Steel Partners Operational Excellence Programs, the Steel Partners Purchasing Council, and our SteelGrow Talent Development Program. Today, our consolidated holdings have more than 13,400 employees in 115 plants and facilities – totaling approximately 13 million square feet across 20 countries around the globe. (NYSE: SPLP).
Our Co-ops will work in rotations at one or several of our manufacturing locations gaining experience in not only mechanical engineering, but also Lean Business Systems, Operations, Procurement, Sales & Marketing and Accounting/Finance. It is our hope that we provide our Co-ops with hands on experience to supplement their education.
The successful Co-op will possess a positive attitude and energy, coupled with creative thinking and the ability to add input to projects. Co-ops are treated not as assistants, but as valued members of the engineering team. You should be a self-starter, able to work in a group and individually.
- Understands targeted applications and conducts research on possible technologies to solve the applications either into our domain of application or adjacent spaces.
- Experiments with technologies to get a better understanding and to validate their ability to solve the targeted applications. This may require Hardware and Software/Firmware activities.
- Participates in prototype development, which may include algorithm development. Some amount of programming will be required
- Works with Global teams to share technical experience and knowledge
- Works independently or with little supervision.
- Working toward a Bachelors of Science in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related Engineering discipline.
- Cumulative GPA must be 3.0 or higher.
- Must be able to complete a minimum of three rotations with our organization
- Applicants that are in their Sophomore year of college are preferred, though not required
Our company offers a competitive salary, a stimulating work environment and opportunities for professional growth. We recognize the value of diversity in our workforce, and encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
This Co-op position may be eligible for company sponsored relocation / housing assistance for the duration of the Co-op assignment, depending on the location of the rotation schedule relative to the Co-op’s residence. If selected for this position, you will be provided with detailed information on this benefit.
**If you are interested or are taking a GAP year, we have internships available to virtually tutor our employee’s children remotely.**
Type: Paid Co-op Position
Classification: Hourly Non-Exempt
Schedule/Shift: Full-time / Day Shift