We’re seeking exceptionally motivated students with a strong interest in the financial markets to contribute to our empirical research process. The range of research ideas to investigate is open-ended and will depend on a candidate’s background and strengths.
- Read and analyze academic research or other source material pertaining to anomalies in the global financial markets.
- Build data sets and conduct statistical analysis on the data.
- Substantial progress toward a degree (graduate level preferred) in a quantitative discipline (e.g. statistics, econometrics, mathematics, engineering, physics or computer science) or finance (with extensive coursework in quantitative disciplines).
- Programming experience, ideally including R, C++ and/or Python.
- Experience with regression analysis.
- Strong interest in learning how to build, organize and analyze large data sets.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
**SCM is open to year round internships**