Analysts provide analytical and transaction support on municipal structured transactions, assist in the development of proposals and presentations, and provide general support to the initiatives of the senior manager. Analysts serve as the second or third person on client relationships and begin to undertake extensive direct contact with clients and outside consultants. A strong desire and ability to learn technical and business development skills is important, as is a willingness to work outside normal business hours. Analysts participate in junior banker training with colleagues from offices located throughout the nation. Some travel expected.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Develop and analyze financial models to support the marketing and execution of municipal structured transactions and alternate financing vehicles.
• Produce Ad-Hoc trading and macro analysis for Structured Finance Desk.
• Create marketing and sales materials, attend client meetings, and act as a point of contact for the finance team throughout the financing process.
• Perform debt profile analyses related to current and prospective public finance clients.
• Assist with the preparation and delivery of client pitch books proposals.
• Research industry and financial market trends, running data queries and analyzing such data.
• Prepare memorandums describing financing ideas and opportunities, and case studies on completed transactions.
• Interest in public sector and municipal finance.
• Ability to multi-task, work independently and collaborate in teams.
• Knowledge, or ability to learn, web-based applications, and specialized information systems, including EMMA, Bloomberg, TM3.
• Knowledge of finance and accounting principles.
• Ability to prepare and deliver clear, effective and professional presentations.
• Competence in clearly and effectively communicating in both oral and written formats.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or a related field required
•0 to 2 years’ related experience
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access ,VBA
• Series 50, 52, 63, or ability to obtain within 12 months from date of hire required