Story Pirates is seeking interns with great organization skills and a hawkish eye for details to help with the administration of our Story Love initiative, which promises a positive, personalized note of encouragement for every author who sends a story to us. Our interns receive hands-on experience with the one-of-a-kind task of processing new stories, distributing those works to virtual volunteer events, and ensuring the return of the amazing notes that Story Lovers write. Ideal candidates are voracious readers, attentive proofreaders, and true spreadsheet connoisseurs who have 10 hours a week to contribute to our cause.
- Track incoming story submissions and manage story database
- Oversee the importing of stories for all school programs and work with partners to facilitate story collection and story return
- Monitor and maintain story release forms and submission documentation
- Oversee story love return processes including: reviewing and editing story love notes, running return letter mail merge, drafting and sending email communications to families, monitoring the story love inbox
- Support Story Love Program Manager & Coordinator in producing and managing volunteer events as needed