STR’s Analytics Division develops and applies cutting-edge computer vision and deep learning techniques to solve problems in object detection, recognition, localization & tracking; biometrics; 3D scene reconstruction; threat detection; vision-aided navigation; and situational awareness. Our projects integrate algorithmic research, software engineering, and application system development to produce innovative capabilities that address challenging national security problems. We actively collaborate with research engineers across STR, as well as with academic researchers and industry partners to develop practical and powerful computer vision solutions.
- Design and implement innovative computer vision and deep learning algorithms for solving challenging scene understanding problems.
- Collaborate with other STR engineers and leading researchers in the computer vision community to develop, adapt, extend and optimize state-of-the-art techniques for addressing new sensor exploitation applications.
- Apply sensor exploitation solutions to a range of image modalities, such as: visible/infrared video from ground and aerial sensors, social media photographs, imaging radar, LIDAR or hyperspectral cameras.
- Solve scene understanding problems where limited measured training data is available using techniques such as transfer learning and domain adaptation.
- Perform data analysis on experimental data and identify performance improvement strategies.
- Interact with national security customers and users to determine and assess unmet needs and evolving requirements.
- Transition algorithms to prototype and/or real-time systems demonstrations.
- Position may involve travel to customer meetings and/or data collections and experiments.
Who You Are:
- BS, MS or PhD degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Applied Mathematics or related technical discipline
- Track record of applying computer vision and machine learning algorithms to scene understanding problems
- Experience with scientific software development
- Motivated collaborator with internal and external teams
Some Other Relevant Skills You May Have:
- Experience with Python and C/C++
- Track record in written and oral communication to both technical and non-technical audiences
Systems & Technology Research (STR) is a rapidly growing technology company with locations north of Boston, MA, Arlington, VA and near Dayton, OH. We specialize in advanced research and development for defense, intelligence, and national security, trying to understand how to protect our society: from stopping malicious botnet attacks, to understanding cyber vulnerabilities, providing next generation sensors, radar, sonar, communications, and electronic warfare to developing artificial intelligence algorithms and analytics to make sense of the complexity that is exploding around us.
STR is committed to creating a collaborative learning environment that supports deep technical understanding and recognizes the contributions and achievements of all team members. Our work is challenging, but you go home at night knowing that you pushed the forefront of technology and made the world a little safer. We recognize that the world is changing, that it is becoming more connected than ever before, making things change faster than before, and reshaping society in the process. We all want to understand this changing world and leave it better for our work.
We’re not just any company. Our people, culture, and attitude along with their unique set of skills, experiences, and perspectives put us on a trajectory to change the world. We can’t do it alone, though – we need fellow trailblazers. If you are one, join our team and help to keep our society safe!
STR is an equal opportunity employer. We are fully dedicated to hiring the most qualified candidate regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation and pregnancy), marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any portion of the employment process, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your name, phone number and email address.
Pursuant to applicable federal law and regulations, positions at STR require employees to obtain national security clearances and satisfy the requirements for compliance with export control and other applicable laws