As a Marketing & Operations Term-Time Intern at Strive you will work directly for the CEO Will Houghteling and GTM Lead Troy Cosey on a wide variety of sales, marketing and operationally-intensive projects. This is a role for a “jack-of-all-trades” startup athlete that will help you develop an understanding of and skillset for working at early stage companies.
This role is remote and will be ~10 hrs/week (although some weeks may be 0 and some may be 20) and we will pay $20/hr.
At Strive we build products and programs to transform managers into leaders, helping them build meaning, belonging and opportunity for themselves and their teams. Learn more about our mission here.
Strive was founded in 2017 by a team who had worked at YouTube, Minerva, LinkedIn and Amazon. Large companies (Pinterest, Intuit) and growth-stage startups (Chime, TripActions, Guild) alike use Strive to develop emerging leaders.
Strive’s remote-friendly, cohort-based training experience combines 360 assessments, Zoom-based classes led by vetted executive coaches, application challenges and ongoing nudges to ensure learners don’t just absorb lessons in a classroom but actually change their behavior in the real world. 90% of participants and 100% of buyers say they would be disappointed if they could no longer learn through Strive.
- Conduct thorough research and draft concise, clear one page memos for the CEO. Topics will range from competitors to new market opportunities and more.
- Develop content for blog posts and social media marketing campaigns
- Complete operationally-intensive tasks to support the sales and customer success teams
- Pitch in wherever needed to ensure that Strive operates smoothly and effectively
- NOTE: We do not have any functional requirements for this role. We believe a little bit of slope makes up for a lot of intercept, and care much more about your intellectual ability and potential than past experience.
- Must currently be an Undergraduate student within the US
- Structured problem solver
- High conscientiousness, with strong follow through – organized, detail-oriented and rigorous
- Strong work ethic and discipline – ready to both work smart and hard
- Clear communicator, particularly written
- Flexible and highly adaptable in a fast-faced, evolving environment
Why Consider This Role
- Learn from great people – you will work alongside all of Strive’s leadership team, getting exposure to seasoned professionals who will help you develop strong functional and operational skills
- Exposure to important startup problems – if you want to found your own company one day, start here to get a look at what it’s actually like
- Impact – Strive improves the lives of our students and their direct reports, increasing meaning, belonging and opportunity. Help us impact the world!
- Professional Upside – If this internship goes well, we will look to transition this to a full-time role post-grad in marketing, operations, or customer success
- Flexibility – This role is remote for the full school year so even if offices re-open, you can keep your job
- Team – It’s hard to express this on a JD, but we’ve built a particularly diverse, thoughtful, supportive, and connected team and tribe working together. Work will be meaningful and enjoyable – we practice what we preach.