Job Description: Junior Designer
Studios Architecture is world-renowned for unique and creative design; for master planning, architectural and interiors design projects that enhance innovation and enliven community for our clients.
Studios’ Washington DC office is seeking passionate and talented designers capable of working with complex programs, who have deep understanding of technologies and sustainability in design and construction, and who can develop architectural solutions tailored to the projects’ and clients’ unique culture and context. We are looking for creative and talented designers who can achieve highly functional architecture and interiors projects that go beyond surface-level design.
· Strong portfolio is required with projects demonstrating intelligent, innovative design conceptualization, visualization and presentation graphics, as well as coordinated construction documentation.
· Interest in highly complex project types, large commercial office, mixed-use, civic, academic, and/or cultural projects.
· Ability to work independently as well as collaborate on larger-scale projects as part of a team. Able to work effectively, balancing demands on multiple projects at various stages of development.
· Strong collaboration and effective communication
· “Can Do” attitude with excellent analytical, problem-solving, and presentational skills is required.
· Design and documentation using Revit is required. Experience with Rhino, AutoCAD, Grasshopper, and Sketch-up are desired.
Responsibilities may include:
· Contributing to design discussions
· Providing support to multiple project teams
· Developing presentation materials – renderings and/or physical models
· Developing construction drawings
· Performing elementary design computations.
· Compiling data and elementary architectural assignments.
· Assisting with on site construction administration
STUDIOS has an enviable record of delivering complex, well designed projects for clients that really care about architecture. We are a full-service architecture, interior design, and planning firm with almost 150 members in five offices worldwide. This is an excellent opportunity to become a valued part of a vibrant and energetic office.
STUDIOS Architecture is fully committed to the concept and practice of equal opportunity and affirmative action in all aspects of employment.