Flow Development and Technology is a technology and real estate development company. Headquartered in Philadelphia, we focus on developing technological solutions for residential and commercial buildings catered towards a sustainable lifestyle of the future. We hold a competitive advantage by utilizing technology to increase the operational efficiency of the communities we develop. By integrating smart building technologies, we create a product that simplifies the built environment and improves the quality of life for our occupants.
We are currently developing revolutionary hardware and software on mobile and web platforms for building access control and property management with a focus on the community.
You will be a part of a small, but growing team responsible for software, app, web and hardware development as well as IoT functionalities and general IT support.
The value you can contribute to the team is much more important to us than years of experience or titles.
· Must have a passion for technology
· Must have experience with software development
· Must have some experience with backend development
· Must be self-motivated with a desire to build new skills
· A problem-solver who can leverage technical skills and techniques, successfully design, develop, and deploy software solutions
· Must be able to participate in the full product life cycle: concept, design, build, deploy, test and release
· Experience with version control with systems like Git and pulling request workflows is required.
· Participation in the design, development, and testing of features/functions delivered via platform components and/or services that are highly scalable, available and reliable.
· Must be able to drive to locations to demonstrate equipment.
· Proficiency in MS Office (Outlook, Excel, Word etc.)
· Participation in code review
· Identifying blockers and applying creative solutions within company guidelines
· Staying on top of current trends in software development
· Monitor and maintain operational readiness of applications including applications hosted in AWS
· Identify opportunities for system enhancements that will deliver enhanced functionality and/or simplify system administration. Facilitate and develop plans for application changes (including defects fixes, enhancements and/or configuration changes).
· Must write and maintain documentation for all features in development
· Must have the ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative and dynamic environment
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Software development
· Designing and coding new software or modify existing software to add new features
· Participation in the development process from definition, through design, build, test, release and maintenance
· Occasional driving to demonstrate our equipment
· General IT support
· Candidate must be capable of contributing to all phases of design
· Must be able to work in a team environment and be able to conduct regular meetings with management
· Good written and verbal communication skills
Job Type: Full-time
Not required, but any of these are a plus:
· Experience with MQTT
· Experience with Agile methodology
· Embedded software and firmware development
· Experience in access control systems
· Experience in home automation
· Experience with iOS or Android app Development
· Experience in electronic design
· Experience with computer networking
· Experience with the Bluetooth and/or WiFi device connectivity
· Raspberry Pi experience
· Arduino experience
· The ability to show or demonstrate any software you were involved in developing
· The ability to show or demonstrate any hardware you were involved in the developing
· Cloud/AWS/Microsoft Azure experience