Public Health Nursing is Certified Home Care within the local Health Department with a focus in Maternal-Child Health, Early Child Development, and Disease Prevention. Public Health nurses work with individuals and families in their homes or at other assigned locations. Public Health Nurses may work 30%-50% in the field. Schedule Monday through Friday with an occasional weekend and holiday.
– Graduation from a college with federally authorized or registration by NY State with a Bachelors Degree in Nursing.
– At the time of appointment and during employment in this title, candidates must possess a Professional Registered Nurse’s License issued by the New York State Education Department.
– At the time of appointment and during employment in this title, candidates will be required to possess a valid license to operate a motor vehicle in New York State.
– Candidates must meet federal and New York State employee health requirements, including but not limited to immunizations, for the programs in which they are assigned.
– Candidate must have Covid-19 Vaccination.
· Full Medical for member and qualifying dependents through Suffolk County Employee Medical Health Plan: Employee contribution: 2.3% of base salary (or a minimum of $1,500 per year)
· Flexible Spending Account (employee contribution) is available for Dependent Care $5,000 Maximum and Health Expenses $2,850 Maximum
· Tuition reimbursement available for work (approval based) related continued education.
· 13 Calendar year holidays: New Year’s Day, Martin Luther King Day, Lincoln’s Birthday, Washington’s Birthday, Memorial Day, Juneteenth, Independence Day, Labor Day, Columbus Day, Election Day, Veterans Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day.
· -Vacation Time: During the first year, employees are entitled to 10 Vacation days, earned at the rate of 2.75 per pay period totaling 10 days annually. Employees continue to earn vacation days in accordance with the schedule, reaching a maximum of 30 days per year. Unused vacation time rolls over each year until a maximum of 420 hours is reached.
· Sick Time: Earned at the rate of 1/2 day per pay period totaling 13 days annually. Unused sick time is rolled over each year, with no maximum rollover.
· Personal Leave: An employee is granted 4 days of personnel leave each year. Employees receive 7.5 hours on their 1st day and will accrue one additional day every quarter. After employee first anniversary 28 hours of personal days will be frontloaded at the beginning of each year worked. Unused personal time is rolled over into sick each year with no maximum rollover.
· Salary: Step increase every 12 months on July 1st completed year of service in addition to contractual raises through 2024.
· Membership in the New York State Retirement Pension System 5 year vested.
Suffolk County Municipal Employees Benefit Fund.
· Short Term and Long Term Disability
· Dental and optical coverage
· Annual Prescription, hearing aid and specialist co-pay reimbursement
· All Members receive $50,000 of guaranteed life insurance at no cost.
· Financial and Retirement planning assistance
· Tax preparation reimbursement
· Legal assistance benefits
· Bereavement and survivor death benefits
· Identity & Fraud Protection
Salary: Starting at $62,405 – $70,000