Internship with SuitUp
Position: Programming Team Internship
# of Hours: 10-15 hours a week (virtual)
Paid/Unpaid: Unpaid with the ability to use towards college credit
***Please note that Unpaid Program Interns have the opportunity to sign up to lead SuitUp competitions weekly as moderators ($75) or facilitators ($150) on top of their internship, and thus have an opportunity to make $2,000+ per season at SuitUp.
Overview of Suit Up
Founded in 2014, SuitUp is a 501c3 non-profit organization that increases college and career awareness with students from low-income high need communities. SuitUp organizes one-day student business competitions for corporate volunteers where employees help students solve a problem for a real company, like creating a new shoe for Nike or a new product for Beats by Dre. Since inception, SuitUp has hosted competitions for organizations like Goldman Sachs, NBCUniversal, LinkedIn and many others, organizing events for over 3,000 volunteers and impacting more than 5,500 students.
SuitUp is currently seeking 2 Program Intern, to support the team in organizing and executing virtual SuitUp competitions across the country. This individual will be tasked with supporting the SuitUp Program Managers to run and manage all SuitUp business competitions, working directly with our corporate and educational partners to set-up and execute 20-40 volunteer events. Responsibilities include supporting SuitUp event logistics, managing relationships with school and company partners, and managing all student business competitions with corporate volunteers.
· Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work with corporate volunteers (ages 21 to 65) and middle/high school students (ages 12 to 18) in a client-facing role
· Excellent public speaking, communication and presentation skills
· Self-starter with the ability to take initiatives and run with projects independently
· Organized, energetic and positive with natural leadership qualities
· A passion for education and increasing career awareness for students in low-income communities
· Previous work experience in sales, marketing, education or event planning is preferred
· Experience working in a start-up organization in which everyone wears many different hats
· Learn how to facilitate large scale events with professional development opportunities in public speaking.
· Network with our diverse client base, which includes thousands of volunteers from some of the largest companies in the world such as Deloitte, Moody’s, KPMG, NBCUniversal, and Goldman Sachs
· Join a talented team in a fast-paced start-up environment in New York City
· Increase career awareness and marketable skills for thousands of students in low-income communities
· Flexible work schedule with the ability to work remotely as needed
How to Apply
To apply, please send your resume to Nicole Adams, firstname.lastname@example.org and include a short paragraph to answer the following questions:
1) Why you are interested in the volunteership and the organization as a whole?
2) What skills could you bring to this position?
3) What is the number of hours you can commit to this role per week?