We are growing and looking for Design Consultants in multiple locations throughout the country. The ideal candidate for this role will be a proactive and future thinking individual with a passion for sales and design. The candidate should be comfortable and adept at assisting our clients turn their design goals into a clear and beautiful vision using active listening, clarifying questions and overall excellence in customer service and follow through.
This is a full time Design Consultant role with full time benefits including product purchase discounts, paid holidays, vacation/sick time, insurance, 401K and more. Design Consultants are paid $10/hr plus 3% commission on delivered sales AND during your first 12 weeks, you are paid a guaranteed commission while you build your business.
The Design Consultant:
- Meets and exceeds sales goals set by store management; assists the store in driving sales; executes client’s vision and leads in all design projects; assists in qualifying, identifying client needs, layouts and presentations; sets goals for house calls and meets presentation expectations per company policy and direction from management.
- Welcomes our guests into the store by providing a friendly, informative atmosphere and assist with their needs; Also provides updates to the guests’ order on a regular basis, follow-through after delivery and provides answers to product care, warranty, and Summer Classics sales and programs.
- Assists in the implementation of the sales floor plan. Merchandises accessories and rooms within the store.
- House calls offered and performed with a minimum of 2 a month.
Looking for candidates with:
- High school diploma or equivalent; some college preferred; Four-year degree in Design, Industrial Design or trade membership in Design field highly preferred.
- One year of experience in design or retail environment minimum required.
- Ability or aptitude to sell luxury products.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Good computer skills – knowledge of MS Outlook, Excel and Word required.
- Technical knowledge of space planning and ability to use planning software preferred.
- Knowledge of the design industry including knowledge of fabrics and applications and general design practices preferred.
- Problem solving skills and positive, professional demeanor are required.
- Computer – Syspro ERP system & Microsoft/Apple Systems & Planning Software, iPad.
About Gabriella White
Gabriella White, LLC, parent company to Summer Classics and Gabby, leaders in the outdoor and indoor furniture industry is a family-owned company and premier innovator, manufacturer and retailer of fine indoor and outdoor furniture since 1978. Our products are beautiful, functional, long lasting, comfortable, high quality, and unique.
At Gabriella White, we deeply believe in the need for a solid foundation of values. We strive to create and maintain an environment focused on our customers and our people. Our Company Culture is based on our Core Values: Dedication – Enthusiasm – Synergy – Integrity – Goal-oriented – Nimble. Our Company Purpose is to be relentless about making Life’s Best Moments…Furnished.™