interns@swissre – Group Life, LTD and Medical Marketing Strategy Analyst
About Swiss Re
The Swiss Re Group is one of the world’s leading providers of reinsurance, insurance and other forms of insurance-based risk transfer, working to make the world more resilient. It anticipates and manages risk – from natural catastrophes to climate change, from ageing populations to cybercrime. The aim of the Swiss Re Group is to enable society to thrive and progress, creating new opportunities and solutions for its clients. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, where it was founded in 1863, the Swiss Re Group operates through a network of around 80 offices globally. It is organized into three Business Units, each with a distinct strategy and set of objectives contributing to the Group’s overall mission.
About the Internship
We are looking for an intern with strong interpersonal skills, who is eager to learn and broaden their knowledge and expertise within the insurance industry. You will have the opportunity to interact and work closely with all Group Life, Long Term Disability (LTD) and Medical reinsurance functional areas with focus on Sales and Underwriting. This internship offers you the chance to join the dynamic, fast-moving world with a leading risk knowledge organization.
About the role
Responsibilities and tasks are to be realistic and aligned to the role. The role will not only offer the intern a good overview of the Group Life, LTD and Medical Unit’s key strategic objectives, but also will provide exposure and interaction with senior leaders across US L&H.
Please describe the role using up to 8 (max.) bullet points on key tasks and responsibilities:
- Initiate, develop, and support projects that contribute to the Group Life, LTD and Medical Unit’s strategic priorities.
- Build an understanding of key issues and contribute to the development of appropriate messaging to help ensure the wider buy-in and success of the unit’s strategic objectives.
- Support, coordinate, and contribute to the team’s external market messaging: seminars / webinars, virtual coffees, articles, etc.
- Assist in development of presentations and analyses for Client Managers and Underwriting.
- Assist with monitoring and preparing competitor analyses, market trends and business activities.
- Build a network with key members of other Life & Health teams.
- Limited local travel to clients.
About the team
Please describe the department and the team using about 5-7 sentences (e.g. team/size, location(s), diversity of the team, etc.):
The focus of the Group Life, LTD and Medical Client Markets team is to support our clients’ needs and growth initiatives while delivering strong GAAP earnings for Swiss Re. With a strong entrepreneurial spirit, the Group Life, LTD and Medical teams have recently combined. Based in Armonk, with a number of remote employees, there are a total of 15 team members in various roles including sales, client management and underwriting who work alongside colleagues in actuarial, claims, accounting, treaty and other functions.
Please add on this / remove / amend accordingly: Minimum Requirements (below are standard for an Internship, please choose which are most important to your role
- Completing junior year and proceeding to senior year at university preferred
- Strong interest in/motivation to learn about insurance/reinsurance
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken English
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to develop arguments and present these in a clear and structured way.
- Good analytical skills, ability to focus on details without losing track of the big picture
- Approaches problems with curiosity and open-mindedness, is a fast learner
- Innovative, showing a high degree of initiative
- Team-player, willingness to contribute actively to the overall team spirit
- Aptitude to express him-/herself effectively in one-on-one conversations and small groups
- Mature & self-confident; Able to work with clients, business partners or senior colleagues
- Proven expertise to work independently and proactively
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
Swiss Re is an equal opportunity employer. It is our practice to recruit, hire and promote without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, pregnancy, sexual orientations, marital status, military status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Decisions on employment are solely based on an individual’s qualifications for the position being filled.
During the recruitment process, reasonable accommodations for disabilities are available upon request. If contacted for an interview, please inform the Recruiter/HR Professional of the accommodation needed.
Reference Code: 93877