RESEARCH INTERNSHIP – EXPERTEZE
Syntonix’s Experteze Bioinformatics R&D, education and training program supports the non-profit R&D initiative (http://www.experteze.org). Experteze is dedicated to training the students from various universities around the world in the areas of bioinformatics, computational biology and systems biology to begin their career in R&D. For more details about the Experteze Research, please visit the website, http://www.experteze.org
The Experteze Indepedent projects are designed to provide the interns refresher courses in these subject areas and offer an opportunity to work on independent bioinformatics projects with other students. Unlike other internship programs, Experteze provides an active engagement model, and by the end of this internship, students will have understood and obtained hand-on experience how to perform cutting edge research together with peers around the world. Please note that this is an unpaid internship, however Syntonix will cover the registration cost for the bootcamp and Experteze Independent project.
The internship duration is 6 weeks. Upon completion, depending on the performance of the students, they may be invited to join the Experteze research team at Experteze.org.
1. Participate in the bioinformatics boot camp (typically 1 week) online.
2. Engage with other students in the Independent projects (4-5 weeks).
3. Complete the requirements of the training program (including writing the project reports)
4. Provide feedback based on their learning during the training.
1. Thorough knowledge of biology.
2. Working knowledge of computer science and Statistics.
3. Working knowledge of python and R.
4. Ability to perform independent research, individually and in the team settings.
5. Team player and good interpersonal skills.
6. Good computer and communication (written and verbal) skills.
Benefits to the trainee:
1. Gain understanding of the science of bioinformatics.
2. Gain experience doing independent research.
3. Opportunity to network with peers around the world.
1. This position is virtual. Most of the work will be done outside the office. Most of the work involves getting online, as well as off-site (e.g libraries etc.).
2. We will interact as a team closely using online resources (skype, zoom, goto meeting) etc.
Syntonix is a diversified technology R&D company offering products in multiple sectors. Please visit our website (www.syntonix.com) for more details. Syntonix offers its products under different brands for different sectors. These include: 1. Experteze (www.experteze.com) is our Bioinformatics R&D services offering, in collaboration with the non-profit Experteze.Org. 2. Verenza (www.verenza.com) is our IT services offering helping clients manage their cloud based assets. 3. Patient Talkback is our Healthcare patient engagement platform offering. 4. Verinza is our EdTech service platform offering.