Tamerlaine Farm Animal Sanctuary is seeking a driven Humane Education Intern to support our growing education initiatives and accompanying digital and printed materials.
Tamerlaine Farm Animal Sanctuary is dedicated to the rescue and care of exploited, abused, and otherwise discarded farmed animals while engaging in varied outreach efforts to create a world that is compassionate toward all beings, especially the most vulnerable among us. We are set on 336 bucolic acres, and poised for rapid expansion and opportunities.
Tamerlaine Sanctuary is seeking an individual with a strong work ethic and a passion for humane education. The ideal candidate will be versed in relevant topics and enthusiastic about writing creative curriculum and content that educates our audience on the global relevance of our work. This position is mostly remote with opportunities to spend time at the sanctuary to get to know our nonhuman animal residents. Ideally, the person who fills this role will be available to visit the farm bi-monthly to collaborate with other staff.
Tamerlaine offers the selected candidate the chance to gain relevant professional experience in the education, non-profit, and outreach spheres, while making a real difference. In addition to the internship description, the candidate can expect additional benefits such as:
- Working with like-minded people committed to a compassionate lifestyle
- Being an integral part of a non-profit animal sanctuary on a sprawling 336-acre paradise
- Learning from our nonhuman animal residents and developing unique friendships that will forever impact your worldview
- Access to special events ranging from community gatherings to high-end elegant affairs
- Experience that directly translates to professional development and adding to your network of references
- Potential for academic credit.
Humane Education Internship
- Assist in the facilitation of humane education programming and sanctuary tours
- Further develop our current humane education programs and create original curricula to be added to Tamerlaine’s repertoire
- Assist with community outreach to educational institutions
- Generate content and materials for our website, email blasts, and social media
- Provide support during community outreach events
- Research and strategize the expansion and increased reach of our programs
The candidate must:
- Be driven and perform with a sense of urgency
- Feel comfortable working independently
- Be organized and communicative with various managers
- Be professional and represent Tamerlaine Farm Animal Sanctuary positively
- Ideally be passionate about animal advocacy/veganism
- Be comfortable speaking on the phone and presenting information live and virtually
- Feel comfortable following instruction while being enthusiastic about collaborative projects
- Be an excellent writer and inspired to share stories and knowledge with our supporters and community.
- Relevant education and/or experience
- Familiarity or willingness to become familiar with Google Docs, Asana, Canva, and other platforms for the purposes of team collaboration
- Superb attention to detail
Compensation, Location and Hours:
- Remote internship, weekly conference calls, bi-monthly day trips to the sanctuary
- Unpaid internship with potential for academic credit
- 12- 20 hours per week for at least 15 weeks is required for school credit. Maximum length is based on the intern’s performance and the number of applications we receive
Please send an email to email@example.com including:
A cover letter describing your interest in the position and what you hope to get out of this internship
Three non-family references
The position title in the email Subject