Company Overview: TD Securities is the corporate & investment banking division of TD Bank, one of the 10 largest banks in the United States. TD Securities provides a wide range of capital markets products and services to corporate, government and institutional clients; these services include M&A advisory, equity and debt capital markets, corporate lending and commodity hedging. Position Overview: TD’s 2022 summer analyst internship program provides an opportunity to gain exposure to clients across the power, utilities, and renewables spectrum as the firm continues to build on its strong growth momentum in the sector. The position is located in New York, NY. As a summer analyst intern, you will be expected to:
• Work within a deal team under the overall direction of a senior banker;
• Develop a general understanding of TD’s product offerings;
• Develop and maintain a strong understanding of the power & utilities industry as well as the overall financial markets;
• Research and analyze clients’ financial situations, industry and market data, and mergers and acquisition opportunities;
• Assist with the valuation of assets and companies (both private and public);
• Assist with complex financial modeling;
• Prepare external client proposals and presentations, marketing materials, and internal memos;
• Maintain confidentiality of client information;
• Establish an environment that promotes respect for the individual employee and adheres to the policies and guidelines of the Bank.
Qualifications: Current university student in a quantitative-focused degree program with an expected graduation date in Spring 2023. Having a demonstrable interest in power & utilities and investment banking is seen as an advantage. This role requires excellent communication skills (both written and verbal), time management skills and a solid “team player” attitude.
About TD Securities TD Securities is a trademark of The Toronto-Dominion Bank representing TD Securities Inc., TD Securities (USA) LLC, TD Securities Limited and certain corporate and investment banking activities of The Toronto-Dominion Bank. TD Securities provides a wide range of capital market products and services to corporate, government and institutional clients who choose us for our knowledge, innovation and experience in the following key areas of finance: Investment and Corporate Banking, Capital Markets, Interest Rate, Currency and Derivative Products. TD Securities works with clients around the world and our services include the underwriting and distribution of new debt and equity issues, providing advice on strategic acquisitions and divestitures, and executing daily trading and investment needs.