Technical Consulting & Research, Inc. (TCR) is a consulting and research firm and award-winning company at the forefront of advanced information technologies, cyber security, risk assessment, data mining, operation research, industrial engineering, online learning, and educational development. TCR’s mission is to help organizations successfully adopt emerging technologies and to optimize their workflow and operations. More information can be found on TCR’s website: https://tcrinc.com/
TCR offers unpaid internships in various industry and functional areas that are designed to help students build critical, in-demand skills needed to succeed in the real world. The internship is virtual so you can work from home. The hours are flexible. There is a weekly online team meeting with your supervisor, the CEO. The internship provides hands-on coaching, mentoring, and training experiences that will help get you noticed by prospective employers. TCR tries to align the specific internship activities/projects with the needs and interest of each intern. Internship can be taken for course credit, CPTs, and OPTs, with permission from your school or university..
Technical Consulting & Research, Inc. (TCR) is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer.
· The Statistical Data Mining Consultant reports to TCR’s CEO, Dr. Teresa Piliouras, and also receives mentoring and support from the Vice-President of Engineering.
· This position involves conducting research and analyzing data relating to cybersecurity, healthcare, and education. This internship develops skills in statistical analysis, data mining, data manipulation, database technology, data visualization, and reporting results to diverse audiences.
· Our team regularly presents project findings in peer-reviewed journals, publications, and scientific conferences (see our webpage for more details).
· We are looking for an individual who exhibits integrity, respect for others, a positive attitude, and the ability to think critically about analyzing complex datasets. Intern must demonstrate careful and ethical handling of potentially sensitive data, attention to detail, and reliability.
Typical activities/projects involve one of more of the following:
· Design and implement survey instruments and assessments
· Collect and compile data through observations, survey instruments, and participant assessments
· Conduct literature review and analysis of best/ recommended practices.
· Analyze collected data and develop reports, including program recommendations
· Participate in weekly team meetings and meet obligations through efficient work habits (e.g., meeting deadlines and honoring schedules)
· Coursework in one or more of the following fields: measurement, statistics, data mining, machine learning, and quantitative or qualitative research
· Strong computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office
· Ability to work both independently and as a team member
· Ability to present ideas clearly both orally and in writing
· Knowledge of statistical software, such as R, Tableau.
· Knowledge of Python, SQL, and other programming tools
· Experience with projects that integrate multiple technologies and data sets to solve a business problem
· Knowledge of measurement theories