TeleVine Therapy is looking for a Medical Billing and Credentialing Specialist intern to join a highly efficient and effective team in Pennsylvania. As an intern, you will be responsible for both billing and credentialing functions for small and effective Billing Team utilizing electronic medical records (EMR) and clearinghouse interface.
- Verify client insurance information, deductibles, copays, and update client financial needs daily
- Process and Maintain credentialing/insurance panels on all Clinical Staff.
- Set client fees and payment schedules.
- Process claims
- Enter payments into the computer billing system
- Perform collection activities on all site client accounts in accordance with practice billing procedures
- Responsible for running all weekly and monthly reports in accordance with practice billing procedures
- Advanced degree in healthcare or business administration strongly preferred.
- Must be flexible and demonstrate the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Excellent customer service and telephone skills
- Self-starter/ self-motivated
- Experience/ certifications preferred
- Ability to deal effectively and tactfully with a wide variety of individuals in person both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work independently and resolve practical problems.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work well under stress. Accuracy and strong attention to detail.
- Excellent computer skills in word processing, spreadsheets, and databases.
- Ability to prioritize work and adhere to strict timelines.
- Ability to manage and work on multiple projects and with multiple clients simultaneously.
- Ability to influence people at all levels including physicians, management and staff employees.
- CPCS (Certified Provider Credentialing Specialist) preferred, but not required.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Healthcare (professional) billing
- Efficient use of CPT/ICD-10 coding
- Government, managed care and commercial insurances
- Claim submission requirements
- Reimbursement guidelines and denial reason codes
- Understanding of the revenue cycle and how the various components work together preferred.
- Excellent organization skills, attention to detail, research and problem-solving ability.
- Results oriented with a proven track record of accomplishing tasks within a high-performing team environment.
- Strong computer literacy skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Software Operated: EMR systems and clearinghouse
- Medical Credentialing Specialist
Essential Functions / Key Responsibilities
- Oversee and/or perform all aspects of the licensing, credentialing, and appointment process for our Physical and Occupational Therapists who are prospective and active members of the staff.
- Collects and analyzes information, prepares files for approval process and ensures that credentialing files are kept accurate, complete and current.
- Assists in the credentialing process for staff, allied health professionals, locum tenens. Work with leadership and clinical staff for the approval and ongoing review of these practitioners.
- Ensures malpractice applications are submitted on a timely basis with the carrier to ensure the appropriate level of coverage is maintained for all medical staff members.
- Responds to outside inquiries for credentialing information concerning our medical staff.
- Assists owner in the facilitation of staff leadership meetings and continuing education events.
- Maintain a professional relationship with clients and staff consistently exhibiting the highest level of integrity, respect and good judgment.