Job Title – Interior Designer – TerraCycle
Position Type – Full Time
Job Location –TerraCycle – Trenton, NJ
Reports to – GVP Design and Engineering – TerraCycle
TerraCycle’s mission is to Eliminate the idea of Waste®.
Headquartered in Trenton, N.J. and operating in over 21 countries across the Americas, Europe and Asia Pacific, TerraCycle is a global innovator in recycling and reuse. It partners with many of the world’s largest consumer product companies and retailers to create collection and recycling solutions for hundreds of traditionally non-recyclable waste streams. By working with companies, retailers, governments and consumers, TerraCycle is able to collect and solve for just about every waste stream, from snack wrappers and contact lenses to ocean plastics and cigarette butts, all waste streams that otherwise end up in landfills, oceans, or incinerators. TerraCycle has received hundreds of awards globally, and has been highlighted in some of the world’s most recognized media outlets, including CNN, Wall St. Journal, Reuters.com New York Times, Forbes and thousands of others.
In 2019, TerraCycle launched Loop, a global reuse system that enables brands, retailers and consumers to transition from single-use disposable materials to reusable, durable packaging. Loop has engaged many of the world’s largest consumer product companies (including P&G, Nestlé, Unilever, PepsiCo, Coca-Cola, and Mondelez) and many of the world’s largest retailers in this platform. Loop is available in the U.S, France, Canada, Japan, the UK and will be in Australia early next year.
Job Overview –
If you want to work for a company with a mission and office space that puts our sustainability efforts on display, you belong at TerraCycle! This position is for a resourceful Interior Designer to oversee office renovation projects using recycled and upcycled materials. We work in a unique office space where our desks are created from old doors, outdoor picnic tables Work on these projects includes preparing concepts, floorplans, sourcing, prototyping, and implementation of items. This role will be located at our headquarters in Trenton, NJ but will oversee global offices in the UK, Hungary, Australia, Japan, Canada, and others.
The position requires project management, communication and organizational skills. This person will collaborate with our facilities team and other stakeholders as appropriate and will be the point of contact in the design process. Some physical prototyping and fabrication work will be required. This is a new position that will be dedicated to proactively keep our offices up-to-date. The right candidate will thrive in an atmosphere where they are given creative license to reimagine salvaged materials into office décor, recycled beach plastic lumber into office furnishings, strategically position artwork and company messaging to tell our story on office tours, and much much more.
Primary Responsibilities –
- Continue to create and improve office environments showcasing our sustainability efforts. Includes working with recycled / upcycled materials; highlighting our accomplishments through visual displays; and continually improve our office settings to support a productive work environment.
- Update offices for needs and trends. Create effective meeting rooms for improved video conferencing; inspire a collaborative work environment as people return to the office.
- Collaborate with Facilities teams for concepts and approvals.
- Manage projects and ensure all deliverables are high quality, on budget, and on time.
- Oversee Global company office renovations as teams and offices continue to grow. Some travel will be required.
- Have a degree in Interior Design, Industrial Design, or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of professional experience
- Fluent with 2D and 3D software design tools
- Strong sketching and concepting skills and ability to articulate ideas
- Expert at fabricating with many types of materials ie. fabrics, foam, plastics, wood, and metals
- Knowledgeable of sustainable materials
- Proven ability to assess and order priorities, juggle multiple tasks, and project manage
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high-volume work environment with changing priorities
- A problem solver, capable of thinking outside the cardboard box
- Having experience is important, but attitude is right up there, too. We want to work with like-minded, personable, ‘yes’ people who are game for tackling far-fetched ideas and turning them into reality.
- Salaried position
- Generous paid time off
- Health insurance (with subsidized medical plan)
- 401(k) with company match
Job description is not all inclusive. TerraCycle reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. TerraCycle is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment