Help Desk Manager
Location: Flexible within the United States
Position is available: Immediately
WHO WE ARE
Every student deserves opportunities in life, and every educator committed to providing those opportunities deserves support. Those beliefs drive us to work alongside schools to support great teaching so that we can work towards guaranteeing that all students are receiving high quality instruction. We partner with over 900 schools – both district and charter – in underserved communities around the country, thus impacting more than 330,000 students. Third-party evaluations confirm that when schools have the right basic conditions in place and partner with ANet, they achieve 6-8 months of additional learning over a two-year period compared to schools not partnering with ANet.
At ANet we are committed to living out our core values, both across our organization and with our partner schools. We acknowledge that systemic inequities impact student access to opportunities and that in order to ensure educational equity for all students, we must center on the experiences of those from marginalized communities to guide our work. We work to deepen our understanding of how race, class, power and privilege influence the education system as well as influence our own perspectives. To do so, we provide ongoing learning opportunities through org-wide professional development, affinity groups, working groups, and resource sharing.
Individuals who join ANet have the opportunity to be part of a dynamic, values driven, and team-oriented organization that is committed to having impact in schools by investing in each other and learning together. We were named as The NonProfit Times “Best Nonprofits to Work For” and work tirelessly to foster a working environment where the unique perspectives, backgrounds, and identities of our staff members are valued.
The Product Support & Quality Assurance Team sets up and supports internal staff, school leaders, teachers, and districts to fully leverage ANet’s products and services and to ensure our partners have access to high quality resources that drive strong instructional practice. The Help Desk Manager will be responsible for managing and developing Product Support Associates to build their expertise and knowledge to provide best-in-class support by phone, email, and through pre-made resources. In addition, the Manager will set team priorities, elevate trends in partner experience with our products, support the team’s functional testing, and serve as Tier 2 support. The ideal candidate thrives in a relationship-driven environment, managing a team toward high quality customer service and the continuous improvement of educational products. The Manager will report to and work closely with the Vice President, Program Operations.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Ensure our partners receive exemplary support and resources that facilitate administration of our products and services
- Be an expert in all of ANet’s web-applications including third-party integrations, help desk system, and resource library
- Monitor Help Desk platform ensuring all partner issues and inquiries are resolved in accordance with our Service-Level Agreement (SLA). This is approximately 20,000 tickets annually, with an SLA of 1 hour during business hours (7:30am – 7:30pm ET)
- Analyze ticket volume, categories, and tags to elevate trends in real-time in order to anticipate and prevent wide-spread issues impacting partner experience
- Develop and facilitate training for 4-5 direct reports to build their proficiency in supporting ANet’s applications, ANet’s tools, customer service, debugging processes, and escalation procedures
Provide meaningful support and development as the manager of Product Support Associates
- Manage and develop individually and collectively the Product Support Team
- Create and implement team meetings focused on team cohesiveness, skill development, and team culture
- Develop and maintain a strong onboarding process to setup new team members for success
Set and execute on the evolving help desk strategy
- Execute and improve help desk processes and procedures to streamline operations
- Monitor the team’s overall service and productivity
- Identify and implement strategies to improve customer support metrics
- Develop processes to capture feedback and synthesize information into product suggestions
- Proactively identify new opportunities to expand impact and improve our support offering to our partners
Manage and collaborate within and across teams on projects
- Participate on the Technology Leadership Team bringing usage trends to inform proactive scaling up and monitoring of systems, while also elevating partner feedback to influence ANet’s product roadmap
- Integrate technical resources into our resource library in partnership with the Director, Content & Instructional Resources. Make connections between technical and content resource strategy to provide deeper alignment for partners
- Manage the execution of functional testing alongside partner facing priorities in collaboration with the Senior Quality Assurance Analyst
- Coordinate partner outreach, experience, and issue resolution alongside the Product Success Team
WHO YOU ARE AND WHAT YOU BRING
In order to be successful in this role, candidates must demonstrate the following:
- You bring approximately 5 years of professional experience with at least 3 years of direct experience providing technical support and/or using EdTech products in a school setting.
- You have the ability to manage a team to successful execution of goals; you know how to delegate effectively, professionally develop others, and support your team through accountability
- You sweat the small stuff and bring exceptional attention to detail, prioritization, and strong organizational skills.
- You are energized by working in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced, highly collaborative, and team-oriented environment. You understand that schools are dynamic places and are comfortable working on projects and tasks with shifting priorities.
- You are a masterful communicator, and can translate complex technical information so it is accessible to anyone. You apply these skills to get at the root of a partner’s needs.
- You bring a sense of urgency and passion for supporting schools and believe that all students can achieve at high levels. You are motivated by helping leaders and teachers be effective in their roles. You go above and beyond to make sure our products enhance a student’s learning experience.
- You are motivated by working in an environment where we live out our core values daily. You are eager to examine personal archetypes and biases while discussing topics related to race, class, and privilege which relate to ANet’s Advance Equity and People Matter values, and our work towards becoming an anti-racist organization.
Ideal candidates may also demonstrate the following preferred qualifications:
- You have experience using CRM (Salesforce), Project Management, and Help Desk software.
WHAT WE OFFER
ANet offers highly competitive compensation based on prior experience and qualifications as well as comprehensive benefits in order to best support our people. Benefits we offer include: health, dental and vision insurance where ANet pays 80% of the cost of these benefits for employees and their families/domestic partner; generous paid time-off including: vacation, 10 paid holidays with paid days off between the Christmas and New Year’s holidays, a paid floating holiday, paid sick & personal days; paid parental leave; retirement plan options; commuter benefits; tuition reimbursement; flexible spending accounts; short and long-term disability coverage; and basic life and personal accident insurance.
HOW TO APPLY
We are now accepting applications for this position, which will be reviewed on a rolling basis. To apply, please use this link. You will be prompted to complete a brief application and upload a resume and thoughtful cover letter in which you outline why you are interested in working for ANet and how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position.
ANet is committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage individuals of all ethnic and racial backgrounds and gender identities to apply to our positions.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.