Currently recruiting a Registered Nurse (RN) New Graduate to work in Richmond, Virginia in a 466-bed acute care facility. The hospital serves as a level 1 trauma center and provides care for patients in serious emergencies. The facility has many services to include bariatric surgery, behavioral health, PT and rehab, burn care, orthopedic care plus many more. Tertiary referral center for the county and a 90-mile radius from the city. It has an accredited chest pain center, an accredited AMI program, a comprehensive stroke center and a cardiovascular center of excellence.
StaRN Nurse Residency Program
- StaRN stands for Specialty Training Apprenticeship for Registered Nurses. Our one-year long program is specific to the unit you are hired into. This is a full-time, paid and benefited career choice that is designed to enhance your nursing skillsets and knowledge while simultaneously promoting your professional growth and development.
- Medical Surgical Areas:
- Medical Care Unit, Medical Surgical Telemetry Unit, Inpatient Rehabilitation – all eligible for optional $15k sign on bonus. The sign on is optional, as it comes with a 3-year commitment.
- For a 3-year commitment, we pay $7,500 after StaRN orientation, $5k at the end of year 1 (if they choose to sign on for another year), & $2500 at the end of year 2 (if they choose to sign on for another year).
- If the new grad provides proof of a contractual agreement to an employer/school, then we will offer the $15k up front with 3 year commitment.
- ICU Areas:
- NO SIGN-ON ATTACHED: Intermediate Care Unit, Intensive Care Unit, Neuro Stepdown Unit, Neuro ICU
- Behavioral Health Areas:
- NO SIGN-ON ATTACHED: Child and Adolescent Unit; Thought Disorder Unit
- 11 Week Orientation:
- 5 weeks in classroom setting to include a combination of self-study, hands-on skills/simulations, and EKG (Electrocardiogram), TeamSTEPPS, BLS/ACLS, and CPI (Crisis Prevention) certifications
- 6 weeks of preceptorship with a designated and trained preceptor
- After orientation, throughout the remainder of your first year, you will participate in our Professional Development Residency for your ongoing support:
- We pair you with a designated mentor for extra support.
- You will collaborate with your mentor to complete an evidence-based Capstone Project (opportunity to gain recognition by facility and/or corporate level)
- Monthly resident seminars provide ongoing education to include Intro to Charge Nurse Education
- Monthly meetings with your nursing director to track your progress, successes, challenges, future goals, etc.
- Qualifications for the Registered Nurse (RN) New Grad:Graduate of an accredited nursing school within the past 6 months- BSN preferred.
- Applicants may apply and be offered position prior to passing NCLEX exam.
- Previous nursing support or service industry experience preferred.
- Self-motivated and strong communication skills required.
- StaRN cohorts being offered 7/6, 7/12, 8/9, 8/16, & 9/13
- Compensation and Benefits of the Registered Nurse (RN) New Grad:Salary: $24.82 (mid-point). Shift diffs as applicable.
- Sign on bonus up to $15000 (incurs a 3-year commitment) and relo.
- Matching 401(k) contributions ranging from 3-9%.
- PTO starting at 4 weeks per year.
- Tuition reimbursement of up to $5,250 per year.
- Low-cost medical, dental, life, and vision options.
- LTD, STD, flexible spending accounts, employee stock purchase program, plus many other outstanding benefits.
ABOUT THE ARORA GROUP:
The Arora Group is an award-winning, Joint Commission-certified nationwide healthcare services company that, for over 30 years, has helped put skilled clinicians to work where it is needed most. Our mission is to give healthcare professionals opportunities to improve their skills, learn from the best, and provide outstanding care. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability