Licensed Behavioral Health Clinician
He/she shall have primary responsibility for coordinating all psychosocial community services under the general direction of the Behavioral Health Supervisor. In accordance with policies, procedures and protocols established by TCC standards of practice and licensing and certificate and other regulatory agencies requirements. Responsible for implementing community educational programs, assessing problems and determining appropriate types and methods of treatment, and implementing intervention methodologies; acts as Program Consultant to staff members with or without professional training; functions in such areas as counseling, protective services, and family services.
· Assist in the assessment, planning, arranging, and implementing of psychosocial programs.
· Responsible for the content of education and counseling programs for both individual patients or groups of patients and serves as liaison to community, individuals and groups as appropriate.
· Counsel patients and interpret to professional and lay groups the special psychosocial needs of patients by identifying psychosocial disorders.
· Conduct surveys and studies relating to psychosocial status and patterns of population groups as directed.
· Provide individual, couples, family and group psychotherapy for persons with mental health and substance abuse disorders.
· Participate in multi-disciplinary treatment team meetings.
· Conduct in house laboratory testing and analysis for routine drug and alcohol assessment (urinalysis and breathalyzer).
· Review and evaluate recent psychosocial health research and interpret it to professionals and patients.
· Perform short term counseling and crisis intervention as necessary.
· Assist in the implementation of community and social programs as a professional counselor in accordance with NHSI grants/contracts with federal, state, and local agencies and mandates of service requirements with those grants/contracts.
· Conduct report writing on a quarterly basis or as needed.
· Prepare psychosocial educational materials as needed or required.
· Coordinate with clinical, health education, community health and other staff members in the provision of services to patients. Provide referrals for services needed.
· Coordinate with other organizational entities involved in psychosocial and mental health services.
· Use tests, measurements, and measurement scale for general and specific assessments as well as objective patient criteria in the provision of services and evaluation procedures.
· Provide in-service presentations to staff as needed or required.
· Provide community service information as an outreach worker as required.
· Conduct health related educational presentations to both adults and teens in school and clinical settings.
· Assume other responsibilities as directed.
Qualifications, Education, and Experience:
· Masters degree in Social Work, Counseling, Psychology, or an acceptable related field required
· Experience in an ambulatory health center preferred.
· Required NYS registration and license to practice.
· Self-starter, capable of managing staff and give directions to others and work under pressure in certain cases.
· Experience working on computers and electronic medical records.
· Knowledgeable of HIPAA and confidentiality policy and procedures.
· Requires someone familiar with and sensitive to Hispanic culture, family customs and child rearing practices.
· Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred, but not required.
· Familiarity with multicultural groups, previous work experience in a multicultural setting and willingness to enroll language and multicultural coursework to supplement training if necessary.
· LCSW preferred, but not required.