This individual will provide direct psychiatric assessment, evaluation and treatment within one’s scope of practice, to individuals served by the mobile crisis team, adult outpatient services, and other programs as needed and qualified.
Provision of psychiatric services will occur both within the clinic, as well as the home and community setting, including crisis assessment, comprehensive evaluation, diagnosis, medication management and treatment planning for patients with co- occurring psychiatric and substance use disorders.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Performs direct psychiatric assessment, evaluation, diagnosis and ongoing treatmentincluding medication management, prescription, and administration.
- Orders and Reviews appropriate laboratory testing, cardiac screening, imaging and other evaluations as indicated.
- Performs metabolic monitoring as indicated..
- Provides treatment planning and treatment plan review
- Administers Medications including oral medications, injections, or medications via other route when necessary
- Initiates referrals and consultations with behavioral and other health care providers, and consults with them at their request.
- Coordinates with primary/specialty providers, and other services/disciplines to achieve optimal outcomes
- Works with Mobile Crisis team members to provide psychiatric assessment and care in the home, community and telehealth setting.
- Works with Adult Outpatient team members to provide psychiatric assessment and care in clinic and telehealth setting.
- Works with Consortium programs to provide psychiatric assessment and care in other programs as assigned by Chief Medical Officer
- Participates in regular supervision and Medical Team Meetings.
- Provides consultation and training to clinic staff
- Participates in case conferences and assists in discharge planning needs
- Reviews external psychiatric and medical information to ensure continuity of care upon discharge from hospital, or transfer from another agency or program.
- Completes appropriate clinical notes as services are rendered
- Completes documentation in a timely manner
- Assists patients and treatment team in completion of appropriate forms
- Completes annual clinical education as required for licensure.
- Completes annual training as required by agency
- Ensures that services provided are submitted to the Business Office for reimbursement
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, type or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The employee must be able to travel by vehicle and work in individual’s home or community as part of mobile crisis team.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The candidate must be licensed to prescribe medications in PA and meet eligibility as a Medicare and Magellan Participant. Must maintain Liability Insurance according to regulations,. FBI, Child Abuse and PA Criminal History clearances..
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, basic financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Internet software to access company e-mail and training and evaluation tools and a working knowledge of spreadsheet and word processing software.
Ability to learn and use Electronic Medical Record.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Registered Nurse (RN) and Certified Registered Nurse Practitioner (CRNP) licenses and psychiatric certifications; DEA registration and ability to prescribe controlled substances; CPR certification.
Other Skills and Abilities: Ability to exercise independent judgment with established procedures
Effective oral and written communication skills. Requires strong organizational skills and the ability to perform multiple tasks, set priorities and meet expectations