Greenwich Country Day School is an independent, co-educational day school with a current enrollment of 1300 students in grades N-12, and a faculty and staff of 340. The original Old Church Road campus is home to grades N-8. Phase II construction of the new High School campus (9-12,) located less than two miles away on Stanwich Road,is well underway and scheduled for August 2021 completion. Founded in 1926, Greenwich Country Day School is a family school where innovative teaching is encouraged as teachers model and foster a love of learning, challenge and inspire children toward academic excellence, and cultivate students’ interests and talents outside of the classroom. We value purposeful and personal learning in a joyful environment, with emphasis on the development of character, creativity, and a sense of personal value along with strong academic skills. GCDS is committed to graduating ethical, confident leaders who possess a strong sense of purpose.
GCDS is fortunate to have built a large endowment which helps to fund competitive salaries and benefits, including housing support for academic faculty, a robust professional development program, and reimbursement for graduate school tuition. GCDS offers a substantial need-based financial aid program to support students from a range of socio-economic backgrounds.
Due to the expansion of the high school program, Greenwich Country Day School seeks a Mathematics Teacher, with capacity to teach Algebra I – Calculus, to start August 2021. The successful candidate will demonstrate enthusiasm to contribute to the development of a rigorous math program that balances sequential math education with PBL using an interdisciplinary approach. The Mathematics Teacher will participate in thesis advising and partner with GCDS Maker Space.
GCDS is looking to engage with candidates who employ an entrepreneurial mindset in their approach to education and would bring that skillset to teaching in our collaborative, interdisciplinary, project-based Upper School program. Successful candidates will possess content and pedagogical expertise, a dedication to collaboration, and a creative and flexible approach to curriculum design and instruction. Interdisciplinary proficiency is highly desirable. Diversity is a core value at GCDS, and we seek candidates who demonstrate a commitment to equity and inclusion. GCDS is pleased to offer transportation support and accommodations, as needed, along with an introduction to the local area, for those candidates who travel from outside of the region for on-campus employment interviews.
- Instructional responsibility in content area
- Oversight and assessment of the development and progress of each child
- Communication with parents, students, and colleagues
- Collaborative work with colleagues on grade level, subject area, and interdisciplinary faculty teams
- Contribution toward athletic or co-curricular programming in addition to classroom role
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree
- A minimum of 3-years successful classroom teaching experience with students in this age group, or demonstrated professional competency
- Experience with inquiry-based and/or project-based learning
- A passion for learning and the ability to motivate and inspire students
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Commitment to building a diverse, equitable and inclusive school community
- Willingness to take on multiple roles within the school
- Personal traits appropriate for nurturing the growth of children – must be energetic, creative, flexible, patient, and have an inexhaustible sense of humor
- Advanced degree in academic/research field and/or professional experience within your area of practice
- Demonstrated capacity and desire to teach across multiple disciplines/subject areas
- Experience in and desire to build culture and community with both adults and students
- Experience as an academic advisor
- Experience advising independent and original student research
- Athletic coaching experience
- Demonstrated experience in establishing collaborative relationships with external partners/organizations in the design and implementation of learning experiences
Interested candidates are invited to use the link provided to send a cover letter and resume to:
Susan Fahey Khanna, Director of Human Resources