Join the HJF Team!
HJF is seeking a Senior Biostatistician to support the Surgical Critical Care Initiative (SC2i) of the Uniformed Services University (USU) and Walter Reed National Military Medical Center (WRNMMC), located at the Rockledge Office in Bethesda, MD. HJF provides scientific, technical and programmatic support services to SC2i. U.S. citizenship required.
The incumbent provides biostatistical support for clinical and/or laboratory research. Involves performing statistical analysis on data collected from clinical trials and/or research studies.
- Initiates collaboration with PIs and collaborates with other biostatisticians in the design of biomedical research protocols.
- Leads in writing sections of protocols that require statistical input.
- Provides guidance in appropriate statistical methods as well as input into future design and methodology of studies.
- Performs statistical analysis, leads and provides statistical support via statistical consultation and data analysts along with statistical reports for presentations and publications.
- Develops metrics and generates quality control reports to optimize the performance of clinical sites and the coordinating center. Recommends and advises on the design of biomedical research protocols.
- Manages preparation of required reports, ensuring that deadlines set by external agencies. Engages outside agencies, and communicates with and oversees management aspects of collaborations with academic institutions and federal, state, and local authorities.
- Directs project staff and support personnel, and ensures quality and accuracy of work, realistic deadlines are set, and appropriate resources are available to accomplish tasks. Regularly monitors progress to ensure that critical elements are proceeding on schedule. Provides statistical and project status reports.
- Provides guidance and assistance to senior program managers, and human resources and personnel management related to statistical analyst recruitment, hiring, and staff coordination. Facilitates information flow between program members, scientific directors, and the Foundation.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned or directed by the supervisor. This may include attendance of and participation in required training for role.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Experience in the design of clinical trials; knowledge of medical science and research; statistics; study design; machine learning; ability to communicate effectively; ability to make effective presentations and publish; excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills. Competent in statistical programming language(s) – SAS, STATA, R, Python; ability to manage multiple tasks; ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment. Extensive database experience including building and querying databases, and proficiency with extract, transform, and load (ETL) procedures. Excellent leadership and management skills to assist senior scientists in management of the data analytic team.
Minimum Education: Doctoral degree required in Statistics or related field.
Minimum Experience/ Training Requirements: 6-8 years of relevant work experience required.
Work Environment: Set in an office and laboratory environment.
Background/Security: U.S. citizenship required; eligibility to obtain and maintain a Tier I investigation/Public Trust and a Common Access Card (CAC).
Employment with HJF is contingent upon successful completion of a background check, which may include, but is not limited to, contacting your professional references, verification of previous employment, addresses, education, and credentials, a criminal background check, drug screening, and a department of motor vehicle (DMV) check.
Any qualifications to be considered as equivalents, in lieu of stated minimums, require the prior approval of the Chief Human Resources Officer.