About TKS Foundations
TKS Foundations is focused on high potential kids between 11-13 years of age (Grades 6-8).
The program focuses on:
- Providing exposure to world problems and emerging technologies.
- Building mindsets and frameworks for all areas of life.
- Developing emotional intelligence and confidence.
- Predicting the future and thinking about how the world is evolving.
- Building problem solving skills, communication skills, and independence.
- Shaping a sense of belonging to a strong community of students in TKS.
- Practicing gratitude, mindfulness and an increased level of empathy.
In Foundations, there is no typical session. Each week has a different theme that connects to a topic, skill, and mindset. Sessions are highly interactive, collaborative, and engaging.
Students are given problems that don’t have solutions and are constantly pushed to think creatively. Having a growth mindset is more critical than ever for success. In Foundations, we encourage learning from failures, independence and curiosity. We work with students to build mental models that they can consider when making difficult decisions.
About the Role
We are looking for a Full-Time Associate Director for our Toronto Foundations program for students between 11-13 years old (Grades 6 – 8). You’ll be working alongside the TKS Foundations Program Director in leading 3 cohorts of ~30 students each cohort on Saturdays and Sundays. The program is typically held in person Downtown Toronto and runs for a duration of 10 months. The program is currently conducted over Zoom until in-person sessions are permitted.
- Support in developing materials / session plans and co-facilitate sessions for TKS Explore and Build programs
- Oversee TKS Foundations Slack community by leading student communications, keeping students actively engaged and slack channels organized
- Mentor students through coaching sessions and on an as-needed basis to provide feedback on projects and weekly requirements
- Coordinate with TKS Innovate / Activate / Alumni volunteers for session support
- Lead the development of content for monthly newsletters and weekly check-ins for parents
- Support in leading and coordinating student engagement initiatives (mentorship program, company exposure opportunities, coding club, social events, etc.)
- Liaise with TKS Central Office Partnerships, Operations and Marketing teams
As the program is held on the weekend, your week will be more flexible – this time can be spent preparing for the sessions, supporting the students, and building your own knowledge and skillsets. You should also expect to grow significantly in this role and learn about emerging technologies and world problems.
You should consider this role if:
- You love working with and motivating driven and curious young people. You’ll be a key influence in their lives and help them live a life of intention, wisdom and purpose.
- You understand how to communicate with children and parents. You will help to lead discussions, breakout activities and mentorship sessions and can support students in achieving their potential.
- You are impact driven. You will play a massive role in shifting the trajectory of 100+ young people’s lives who will change the world.
- You love learning. You will learn about world problems, exponential technologies and strengthening your own technical and soft skill sets.
- You’re a natural problem solver that is scrappy, curious, and learn fast. This program is constantly evolving so it is important you are ok with some ambiguity and uncertainty.
- You have high energy and enthusiasm! 😃
- 1+ year of work experience
- Prior experience working with kids in a camp environment, youth program or school setting ideally with students 11-13 years.
Benefits & Perks:
- Network with influential people and receive direct mentorship from the diverse director leadership community.
- Build meaningful relationships with the next-generation of unicorn people.
- Access to exclusive TKS program content so that you are always learning
- Healthcare benefits.
- Work with smart people who enjoy high-quality conversations
- Attend world-class conferences and events with the TKS students