About TKS Foundations
TKS Foundations is focused on high potential kids between 11-13 years of age (Grades 6-8).
The program focuses on:
- Providing exposure to world problems and emerging technologies.
- Building mindsets and frameworks for all areas of life.
- Developing emotional intelligence and confidence.
- Predicting the future and thinking about how the world is evolving.
- Building problem solving skills, communication skills, and independence.
- Shaping a sense of belonging to a strong community of students in TKS.
- Practicing gratitude, mindfulness and an increased level of empathy.
In Foundations, there is no typical session. Each week has a different theme that connects to a topic, skill, and mindset. Sessions are highly interactive, collaborative, and engaging.
Students are given problems that don’t have solutions and are constantly pushed to think creatively. Having a growth mindset is more critical than ever for success. In Foundations, we encourage learning from failures, independence and curiosity. We work with students to build mental models that they can consider when making difficult decisions.
About the Role
We are looking for a Program Director for our Toronto Foundations program. This program is tailored to students between 11-13 years old (Grades 6-8). You’ll be working alongside a Program Associate Director in leading 3 cohorts (~30 students each Cohort) over weekend sessions. Your week will be flexible and you’ll have incredibly high autonomy. The program is typically held in-person Downtown, Toronto and runs for a duration of 10 months. The program is currently conducted virtually (over Zoom) until in-person sessions are permitted.
- Lead the planning and delivery of the program over the weekend alongside your Associate Director.
- Mentor students through coaching sessions and on an as-needed basis to provide feedback on projects and weekly requirements.
- Foster and develop a strong community in-person and virtually (through Slack).
- Engage volunteer mentors and guest speakers to support TKS Foundations community in and outside of the sessions.
- Lead correspondence with TKS Foundations parents (through newsletters and email / text updates).
As the program is held on the weekend, your week will be more flexible – this time can be spent preparing for the sessions, supporting the students, and building your own knowledge and skillsets. You should also expect to grow significantly in this role and learn about emerging technologies and world problems.
You should consider this role if:
- You love working with and motivating driven and curious young people. You’ll be a key influence in their lives and help them live a life of intention, wisdom and purpose.
- You understand how to communicate with children and parents. You will help to lead discussions, breakout activities and mentorship sessions and can support students in achieving their potential.
- You are impact driven. You will play a massive role in shifting the trajectory of 100+ young people’s lives who will change the world.
- You love learning. You will learn about world problems, exponential technologies and strengthening your own technical and soft skill sets.
- You’re a natural problem solver that is scrappy, curious, and learn fast. This program is constantly evolving so it is important you are ok with some ambiguity and uncertainty.
- You have high energy and enthusiasm! 😃
- 5+ years of work experience in an education, social development, startups/tech, or consulting.
- Prior experience working with kids leading camps, youth programs or in school setting ideally with students ages 11-13 years old.
Benefits & Perks:
- Flexible hours during the week.
- Full healthcare benefits, including dental, prescription drugs, and more.
- Build meaningful relationships with driven, curious, and talented young people.
- Be part of an incredible team at TKS, which consists of kind, experienced, and intelligent people who are all passionate about unlocking human potential.
- Access to exclusive TKS program content so that you are always learning.