About the Metropolitan Museum of Art
The Metropolitan Museum of Art collects, studies, conserves, and presents significant works of art across all times and cultures to connect people to creativity, knowledge, and ideas.
The Met presents over 5,000 years of art from around the world for everyone to experience and enjoy. The Museum lives in two iconic sites in New York City—The Met Fifth Avenue and The Met Cloisters. Since it was founded in 1870, The Met has always aspired to be more than a treasury of rare and beautiful objects. Every day, art comes alive in the Museum’s galleries and through its exhibitions and events, revealing both new ideas and unexpected connections across time and across cultures.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
The Met’s External Affairs Department is looking to hire an experienced email marketing producer to create, produce, and deploy email campaigns.
We are seeking an ambitious, detail-orientated self-starter who will be responsible for contributing to the success of the Museum’s email program. This program plays a critical role in brand building, revenue growth, and customer retention/acquisition for the Museum. The Email Producer will join a collaborative team responsible for all aspects of the Museum’s email lifecycle: content creation, HTML coding, list management, deployment, and analysis. The team delivers email campaigns for departments including Membership, Education, Development, Marketing and Retail.
The ideal candidate has substantive experience in building a high-volume, high-quality email pipeline through sustainable processes, and is comfortable managing multiple projects in a fast-paced and quickly evolving environment. They possess impeccable written and oral communication skills, a process-driven approach, and a passion for arts and culture.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- Upkeep of email calendar and campaigns from strategy to launch
- Collaborate with stakeholders throughout the lifecycle of each email, fielding edit rounds, obtaining approvals, and communicating effectively throughout
- Application and presentation of email best practices to campaigns and stakeholders
- Create email campaigns from scratch (write, copyedit, content editing)
- Produce email campaigns from internal stakeholders (PSD, request forms, templates)
- Code emails into HTML using image slicing and hand-coding techniques
- Quality assurance of all emails (copyedit, brand, functionality, legal, platform rendering)
- Manage subscription lists, create segments for targeting and suppressions
- Create AB/multivariate tests to improve email response rates
- Creation of better email workflows, data connections, and microsites
- Report on email results for the marketing team and other stakeholders
- Analyze results and create actionable recommendations
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS:
Fully vaccinated with an FDA or WHO authorized vaccine (or approved for an exemption as a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, sincerely held religious belief, or pregnancy, or because you are a victim of domestic violence, stalking, or sex offenses).
Experience and Skills:
- Minimum of two years’ experience in email marketing
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Experience in email HTML, Photoshop, and Dreamweaver
- Experience with producing and deploying emails through an email service provider
- Experience working with subscription lists, targeting rules, and dynamic scripts
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and self-manage workloads
- Ability to identify challenges and communicate issues directly and plainly
- Ability to work effectively across departments and in cross-disciplinary teams
- Presentation skills, ability to lead meetings
- Preferred: Copyediting or copywriting experience
- Preferred: Advanced Excel experience, pivot tables, formulas
Knowledge and Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Marketing, Design, or related field
- Knowledge of both Macintosh and Microsoft desktop operating environments
- Working knowledge of Apple OS and Windows
- Knowledge of email best practices, CAN-SPAM, CASL, and EU GDPR
- Knowledge of JIRA, Confluence, AirTable, or similar project management software
The Metropolitan Museum of Art provides equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, pregnancy, alienage or citizenship status, marital status or domestic partner status, genetic information, genetic predisposition or carrier status, gender identity, HIV status, military status and any other category protected by law in all employment decisions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, compensation, training and apprenticeship, promotion, upgrading, demotion, downgrading, transfer, lay-off and termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment.