Our business is real estate, but our organization is so much more than bricks and mortar, beautiful buildings and well-managed properties. Our business is about people who need a place to call home and the people of Michaels who make it all happen.
The Associate Development Analyst will work in a collaborative team environment to support the NJ and regional teams in all phases of developing affordable housing developments. This position will offer training related to the full development lifecycle. Candidates successful in this role will have the opportunity to grow into and Analyst and development officer role within The Michaels Organization.
• Assist developers with the preparation and assembly of responses to requests for proposal (RFP/ RFQ’s) or new business and financial applications, such as Low-Income Housing Tax Credits(LIHTC).
• Work on special projects as directed by the management team.
• Computer research relating to real estate markets, services, crime, demographics, land and property value/sales
• Summation of project offerings, summation of qualified allocation plans, GIS, REIS, data entry/data
• Perform administrative support tasks such as copying, scanning of documents to save in shared drive, and mail. Support for monthly development meetings, regional meetings and Lunch n Learns.
• Extensive knowledge of spreadsheets, power point and word processing documents. Outstanding editing, formatting and proofreading skills for forms/ reports. Graphic design experience is a plus.
• Experience and understanding of the affordable housing industry is a plus
• Bachelors Degree (Real Estate, Business Administration, Accounting, Paralegal Studies) required or equivalent experience.
Required Skills and Abilities:
• Self-motivated with an ability to work independently with minimal guidance and collaboratively in a team environment
• Must be detail-oriented, able to prioritize, meet tight deadlines, and have an ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines.
• Strong organizational abilities and excellent written and verbal skills.
• Proficiency level with Adobe, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Google Suite (Gmail, Google Drive etc.)
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Will need to be flexible and work extra hours if needed to meet deadlines.