Our business is real estate, but our organization is so much more than bricks and mortar, beautiful buildings and well-managed properties. Our business is about people who need a place to call home and the people of Michaels who make it all happen.
The Estimating Coordinator will be responsible for create and implement processes and procedures for the estimating department, create monthly reports summarizing the current status of each project in pre- construction, and will run our prequalification program in which decisions will be made on which subcontractors will have the ability to work on our projects as well as managing the reporting and procedures related to SmartBid and Dealpath.
• Create Bid List and Issue Invitations to Bid
• Learn and become proficient in Smart Bid
• Call and solicit subcontractors for bidding in all markets
• Manage the Pre-Qualification process through Smart Bid
• Chase and track subcontractor proposals
• Track and coordinate compliance requirements
• Organize and maintain subcontractor/vendor bid list
• Drawing management
• Assist prepare Contract Exhibits
• Assist in monthly and milestone reporting
Experience working within a construction company either as a Project Administrator and/or with an Estimating department.
High School Diploma or equivalent required. Business School, Trade School or Associates Degree preferred.
Required Skills and Abilities:
• Proficient in Microsoft Office
• Proficient in Invitation to Bid Software
• Familiar with the Subcontractor Bidding process
• Good time management
• Excellent communication and multi-tasking skills
• Team player with ability to work closely with other departments and consultants